Google has introduced an easier way to join the Android N beta league. Users can now get the Android N Developer Preview on their supported Google Nexus device via Over-The-Air. Google Nexus users had to flash the files manually using the Android ADB & Fastboot method earlier. The method was a little bit trickier which led a lot of Google Nexus owners to a different path instead of flashing a developer preview. This time around, Google has introduced the Android N Beta program in order to enable more and more users to experience the upcoming Android N 7.0. The Android N Beta program will not only allow the users to update their device right away through OTA, but it will also provide all the future updates to the users via OTA. They won’t have to flash the upcoming Android N Preview builds manually on their device.
Android N’s developer preview currently supports devices including Google Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 6P, Nexus 9, Nexus 9G, Nexus Player, Pixel C and General Mobile 4G (Android One). You can easily get it on your phone without making any efforts. All you will have to do is to enrol yourself in the Android 7.0 N beta program and wait for the Android N Developer Preview update to hit your device. In case you’ve spotted this place while hunting down the OTA method to update your Google Nexus device to Android N Developer preview then let’s go ahead and have a look on it now.
Here are some pre-requisites in order to make this installation safe and secure
- This guide is only forGoogle Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 6P, Nexus 9, Nexus 9G, Nexus Player, Pixel C and General Mobile 4G (Android One).. Do not try this tutorial on any other device. It may result in bricking it.
- Your phone’s battery should be charged at least over 50%. This is recommended in order to avoid power issues during the flashing process.
- Backup all your important contacts, text messages and call logs. Also copy your media content to your PC. Backup is recommended as your device will be wiped on the Android N Developer Preview build.
How To Install Android N Developer Preview on Google Nexus via OTA
- Head over to the Android N Beta Program page on your computer or your mobile phone.
- Sign in using your Google Account which you’re using on your Android N Developer Preview compatible device.
- Select your device from the list of eligible devices and then select Enroll Device.
- Agree to the terms and conditions now and then click on Join Beta.
- Your handheld device will get a system update after doing this. You can always check for the update manually by going into settings > about > system updates.
That’s all. Let us know about your Android N experience.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How To Download Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 20, 2017
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017