Sony recently launched a Marshmallow Android Concept beta program through which it accepted a number of Xperia users into its Marshmallow program. Sony allowed the users to install the Marshmallow concept ROM on their Xperia Z3, Z3 Concept and experience Android Marshmallow. A limited number of users was accepted into this program. Just in case you’ve missed the chance to try out the all new Android Marshmallow on your Xperia Z3 or Z3 Compact, you may still have a chance to get it running on your phone.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow Concept ROM’s FTF files for Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact are available now. These files are installed as normal FTF through Sony Flashtool. Before we proceed towards the method to install this FTF, we will highlight some features that are a part of this new Android 6.0 Marshmallow Concept ROM. The ROM seems to be very fast, stable and smooth. The battery life is pretty good as per the reports suggested. New application permissions and the Doze mode are present in this ROM. Sony has also included a new Home launcher in this ROM. There’s a number of features missing in this ROM, but Sony has managed to add all basic features.
In the succeeding guide, we will be showing you how you can install this Android 6.0 Marshmallow Concept ROM on your Xperia Z3 D6603 and Xperia Z3 Compact D5803 using Sony Flashtool. Scroll down and learn the method to get it done now.
1. This is only for Sony Xperia Z3 D6603, Z3 Compact D5803
This ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this firmware on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%.
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Backup everything!
Flashing the Concept ROM may result in wiping all the data. You may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
4. Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device.
Enable USB debugging mode on your device. To do so, tap settings>developer options>USB debugging. If you can’t find developer options in settings, then tap settings > about device and tap “Build Number” for 7 times and you’ll get em’ activated under settings.
5. Install and setup Sony Flashtool.
You must have installed Sony Flashtool. Find the full guide here. After installing Sony Flashtool, open the Flashtool folder from the drive where you installed it.Now open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe and install the Flashtool, Fastboot & Xperia Z3 / Z3 Compact drivers from the list. [Important]
6. Use OEM data cable to establish connection.
Make sure that you use the phone’s original data cable to establish connection between your phone and the PC. Using a different data cable might result in interrupting the firmware installation.
How To Install Android Marshmallow Concept ROM On Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact
Before moving forward, please make sure that you’ve read the pre requisites and ensure that you are set to go ahead.
- Download the Android 6.0 Marshmallow Concept ROM FTF file.
- Copy the file and paste in Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe now.
- Hit the small lightening button on the top left corner and select Flashmode.
- Select the FTF firmware file that you placed in the Firmware folder.
- From the right side, select what do you want to wipe. Data, cache and apps log, all wipes are recommended, perhaps you may select if you don’t want.
- Click on OK, and it will start preparing the firmware for flashing. This may take a little while to load.
- As soon as the firmware is loaded, it will prompt you to attach the phone by turning it off and keeping the back key press.
- For Xperia Z3, Z3 Compact, Volume Down key will do the job of back key, just turn off your phone, keep the Volume Down key pressed and plug in the data cable.
- When Flashtool asks you for the FSC script, click “No“
- As soon as the phone is detected in Flashmode, the firmware will start flashing, Do not leave the Volume Down key until the process is complete.
- As soon as you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” leave the Volume Down key, plug the cable out and reboot.
- That’s All! Congrats! You’ve installed latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow Concept ROM on your Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact. Enjoy
In case you got any queries or face any problems regarding this guide, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and let us know. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks all!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Google GApps for Android 5.1.x Lollipop [All ROMs] - March 24, 2017
- How to fix Super Mario Run Error 804-5100 - March 24, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S7/S7 Edge issues after Nougat update - March 24, 2017