LG Optimus L90 is a pretty old device. LG released this phone back in February, 2014. Optimus L90 carried a 4.7 inch display with 540 x 960 pixels at 234 ppi. It was powered up with Qualcomm Snapdargon 400 CPU alongside the Adreno 305 GPU. A RAM of 1 GB was present inside and the phone had an 8 MP shooter at the back while a VGA shooter on the front. This phone ran on Android 4.4.2 KitKat out of the box and that was the only firmware to which this device sticked. The only software updates that the L90 has been getting are the custom ROMs. LG itself hasn’t given any attention to a greater piece of software for this phone. We were lucky enough to have the Android Lollipop and Marshmallow based on custom ROMs for the L90. Since Android Nougat is also out now, it’s the time to flash that and give this phone another new life.
So, it’s time to take out your L90 out of the drawer and wipe off the dust from it in case you haven’t used it for a while. The Android Nougat update for the L90 is based on the popular and the mostly widely used custom ROM CyanogenMod 14.1. At the time of writing this post, the features like Phone, Data, SMS, Audio, Video, WiFi and Bluetooth are working fine on this phone. The only feature that’s found to be crashing is the camera, but we hope it to get fixed soon as well. It may carry a few more bugs, but you should be able to tackle them if you have had a slight experience of flashing custom ROMs in the past.
We will just cut it short and get back to the point now. The following post will teach you on how to install Android 7.1 Nougat on LG Optimus L90 via CyanogenMod 14.1 custom ROM. You will need a custom recovery and a few steps to get done with it. Let’s go through the early preparations and flash the ROM now in order to be able to enjoy Android 7.1 Nougat on the LG Optimus L90.
- This ROM is intended for the LG L90 only, do not try it on another device.
- Make sure that your LG L90’s bootloader is unlocked.
- Download the TWRP 22.214.171.124 custom recovery and flash it using this guide on your LG L90.
- Backup each and everything including SMS messages, Contacts, Call Logs, Media Content and Nandroid.
- Follow this guide to the letter to avoid any mishap. In case something goes wrong, TechBeasts or the ROM developers may not be held responsible. Make sure that you are doing everything at your own risk.
Install Android 7.1 Nougat on LG Optimus L90 via CyanogenMod 14.1 Custom ROM
- Download Android 7.1 Nougat CyanogenMod 14.1 Custom ROM.zip file.
- Download Gapps.zip file for Android 7.1 Nougat (ARM) according to your liking.
- Copy both the downloaded files to your phone’s internal or external storage.
- Now power off your phone and boot it into TWRP recovery mode by using the volume button combination.
- As soon as you boot into TWRP, select the wipe option and perform a factory data reset.
- Now get back to the main menu in TWRP recovery and tap Install > locate the ROM.zip file > Swipe to confirm flash > finish the flashing.
- Now once again get back to the main menu in TWRP recovery and this time flash the Gapps.zip file.
- After flashing Gapps.zip file, wipe the cache and dalvik cache from the wipe > advanced wipe options.
- Now reboot your phone into system.
- As it boots up, you should find the CyanogenMod 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat booting up on your LG L90. That’s all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How To Download Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 20, 2017
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017