Android 7.1 Nougat is now available for the Galaxy Note 3. No, we are not talking about the official Android Nougat. The firmware is available unofficially by means of CyanogenMod 14 custom ROM. Samsung left the Note 3 all alone after updating it to Android Lollipop. Since then, the device hasn’t got any further version of Android and it has been relying on custom ROM developers only. CyanogenMod 14, which is the aftermarket distribution of Android Nougat is available for quite many Android smartphones and now the Note 3 has also joined the league.
The available ROM is in alpha development stage. If you are one of the custom ROM freaks and you are willing to flash it right now, then bear in mind that this ROM is going to have a handful of bugs. Custom ROMs are always expected to carry a few bugs here and there. Android power users should be perfectly fine since they know how to handle custom ROMs. We are going to have a look on a comprehensive guide which will teach you how you can Install Android 7.1 Nougat on Galaxy Note 3 via CM 14.
- This ROM is intended for Galaxy Note 3 N9005. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a custom recovery on your Galaxy Note 3.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Backup EFS partition to avoid EFS corruption later on.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, SAMSUNG OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy Note 3 N9005 via CM 14
- Download latest CM 14.zip file according to your device
- Download Gapps.zip [arm, 7.0.zip] file for Android Nougat.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Copy all .zip files to the storage of your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone and turn it off complete.
- Boot into TWRP recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in TWRP recovery, wipe cache, factory data reset and advanced options > dalvik cache.
- After wiping all these three, select “Install” option.
- Now select “Install Zip > Select cm-14.0…….zip file > Yes”.
- This will flash the ROM in your phone, once done get back to the main menu in recovery.
- Now once again select “Install > Select Gapps.zip file > Yes”
- This will flash the Gapps in your phone.
- Reboot your device.
- You should see the Android 7.0 Nougat CM 14.0 running on your device in a while.
- That’s all!
In order to enable root access on this ROM, go to settings > about device > tap the build number for 7 times. This will enable developer options on in settings. Now open developer options and enable root.
First boot may take up to 10 minutes, you may not worry if it’s taking that much long. In case it’s taking too long, you may boot into TWRP recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot your device as it may fix the issue. In case your device is having issues, you may return to your old system using the Nandroid backup or follow our guide here to install stock firmware.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Latest Odin 3.12.4/Odin 3.12.5 for Samsung - April 27, 2017
- How to Install TWRP Recovery using Fastboot on Android - April 27, 2017
- How to Sync Contacts with Gmail Account on Android - April 27, 2017