Ladies and Gentlemen! It’s time to update your Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 to all new Android 7.0 Nougat. This is not possible officially but unofficially. You can now install the CyanogenMod 14 custom ROM on your Galaxy Tab 4 in order to update it to Android Nougat. Galaxy Tab 4’s official current firmware is Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Samsung hasn’t announced any plans of taking Galaxy Tab 4 to a higher version of Android. The device will stay on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop for the time being. However, with the help of the available CyanogenMod 14 custom ROM, you can upgrade it right away and taste the all new Nougats by Google.
The ROM is in its beta stage. It may carry some bugs here and there. If you are an Android power user, you should be fine with those few bugs in this ROM. The following post will take you through a comprehensive guide to install Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 via CyanogenMod 14.
- This ROM is intended for Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T530, T531 and T535. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a custom recovery on your Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T530, T531 and T535
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Backup EFS partition to avoid EFS corruption later on.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, SAMSUNG OR THE ROM DEVELOPERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 via CyanogenMod 14
- Download latest CM 14.zip file according to your device
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Copy all .zip files to the storage of your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone and turn it off complete.
- Boot into TWRP recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in TWRP recovery, wipe cache, factory data reset and advanced options > dalvik cache.
- After wiping all these three, select “Install” option.
- Now select “Install Zip > Select cm-14.0…….zip file > Yes”.
- This will flash the ROM in your phone, once done get back to the main menu in recovery.
- Now once again select “Install > Select Gapps.zip file > Yes”
- This will flash the Gapps in your phone.
- Reboot your device.
- You should see the Android 7.0 Nougat CM 14.0 running on your device in a while.
- That’s all!
In order to enable root access on this ROM, go to settings > about device > tap the build number for 7 times. This will enable developer options on in settings. Now open developer options and enable root.
First boot may take up to 10 minutes, you may not worry if it’s taking that much long. In case it’s taking too long, you may boot into TWRP recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot your device as it may fix the issue. In case your device is having issues, you may return to your old system using the Nandroid backup or follow our guide here to install stock firmware.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire for Windows PC and Mac - December 8, 2016
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire APK - December 8, 2016
- Download Trusted Contacts APK - December 7, 2016