You can easily install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM on your Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9200 and I9205 using the steps given here. Before heading towards the steps, let’s have a flashback at the Galaxy Mega 6.3.
Galaxy Mega’s elder variant, the Mega 6.3 runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Like its younger brother, the Galaxy Mega 5.8, Galaxy Mega 6.3 didn’t happen to be too much unlucky in the software aspects. It did get software updates till Android 4.4.2 KitKat and that’s where Samsung officially ended its software support. Galaxy Mega 6.3 powers itself with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 CPU, which is a Dual-core 1.7 GHz Krait 300. The phone is equipped with a 1.5 GB RAM and 8 GB / 16 GB internal storage options are there. Galaxy Mega 6.8 was one of the greatest devices at the time of its release, but technology doesn’t remain the same everyday. In fact, it changes every single minute. Android has taken the world by storm over the past few years. A lot has changed and a lot has been invented while the Galaxy Mega 6.8 was getting older. Unfortunately, because of the hardware restrictions the Galaxy Mega 6.8 owners cannot enjoy the new stuff that Android OS has brought up. We do not mean that it’s impossible, it still is possible, but it’s only possible by means of some nice custom ROM.
Galaxy Mega 6.3 enjoyed Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android 5.1.1 Lollipop by means of various custom ROMs. Now is the time to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow using the best available custom ROM on our beloved device. The famous and widely used CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM has already made its way for the Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9200 and I9205. The post from here onwards will help you to flash this latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via CyanogenMod 13 on your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9200 and I9205. Read the early preps and then get this done.
Note: This ROM is in early development stages and isn’t meant to be kept for every day use. You may install this ROM at your own risk. Proceed only if you know how to handle a mishap if it occurs after flashing this ROM. It is expected to carry a handful of bugs as long as the builds do not enter stable stage. It’s only good to give you a look and feel of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. As the new builds come up, we will update this post. Newbies have to be more careful and follow this guide to the letter.
- This ROM is intended for Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9200 and I9205 . Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a custom recovery on your Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9200 and I9205 .
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Backup EFS partition to avoid EFS corruption later on.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, SAMSUNG OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9200/I9205 via CyanogenMod 13
- Download latest CyanogenMod 13.zip file according to your device
- Download Gapps.zip [arm, 6.0.zip] file for Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Copy all .zip files to the storage of your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone and turn it off complete.
- Boot into TWRP recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in TWRP recovery, wipe cache, factory data reset and advanced options > dalvik cache.
- After wiping all these three, select “Install” option.
- Now select “Install Zip > Select cm-13.0…….zip file > Yes”.
- This will flash the ROM in your phone, once done get back to the main menu in recovery.
- Now once again select “Install > Select Gapps.zip file > Yes”
- This will flash the Gapps in your phone.
- Reboot your device.
- You should see the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow CyanogenMod 13.0 running on your device in a while.
- That’s all!
In order to enable root access on this ROM, go to settings > about device > tap the build number for 7 times. This will enable developer options on in settings. Now open developer options and enable root.
First boot may take up to 10 minutes, you may not worry if it’s taking that much long. In case it’s taking too long, you may boot into TWRP recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot your device as it may fix the issue. In case your device is having issues, you may return to your old system using the Nandroid backup or follow our guide here to install stock firmware.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Google GApps for Android 5.1.x Lollipop [All ROMs] - March 24, 2017
- How to fix Super Mario Run Error 804-5100 - March 24, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S7/S7 Edge issues after Nougat update - March 24, 2017