Android 6.0 Marshmallow brings a number of core enhancements. You may want to know about Android 6.0 Marshmallow goodies here. Being a Nexus freak, it won’t be wrong to say that its quite hard for Nexus fans to wait for the OTA update. It’s time for Android power users to roll the sleeves up and get ready to flash the all new Android 6.0 Marshmallow on their device. The manual method will help you to update your device immediately, you won’t have to wait for OTA, you can get this firmware running on your device right now.
In the on-going guide we are going to show you how you can install Android 6.0 Marshmallow factory images on your Google Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7 2013 (WiFi & LTE), Nexus 9 (WiFi & LTE) and Nexus Player. Let’s put a full stop to our discussion here and get the task done right away.
Here are some pre-requisites in order to make this installation safe and secure
- This guide is only for Google Nexus 5, 6,7, 9 and Nexus Player. Do not try this tutorial on any other device. It may result in bricking it.
- Your phone’s battery should be charged at least over 50%. This is recommended in order to avoid power issues during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. You have to enable developer options first. You can do so by going in to settings > tap build number for 7 times. Now you will have developer options in settings. Open developer options > Enable USB debugging.
- Backup all your important contacts, text messages and call logs. Also copy your media content to your PC. Backup is recommended as your device will be wiped during the flashing process.
- Download and install latest Google USB drivers. Installation of these drivers will be a little different. Download the file from the attached link and unzip it. Now connect your phone to your PC. Right click “Computer or This PC > Click on Manage > Device Manager > Find your device i.e. Nexus 5 or Nexus 6 > Right click Update driver > Browse My Computer For Driver Software > Locate and select the Google USB folder that you got after unzipping > select install now”.
- Once the installation has been completed, your device will be shown as Android Composite ADB Interface.
- Download and install Minimal Android ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer.
Download Android Marshmallow 6.0 factory image file according to your phone.
- Nexus 5 GSM/LTE: Nexus 5_Android Marshmallow 6.0.0 (MRA58K).tgz
- Google Nexus 6: Nexus 6_Android Marshmallow 6.0.0 (MRA58K).tgz
- Google Nexus 7 (2013): Nexus 7_Android Marshmallow 6.0.0 (MRA58K)tgz: Mobile (Razorg) | WiFi (Razor)
- Google Nexus 9: Nexus 9_Android Marshmallow 6.0.0 (MRA58K)tgz: LTE (Volantisg) | WiFi (Volantis)
- Google Nexus Player: Nexus Player_Android Marshmallow 6.0.0 (MRA58K).tgz
Extract the downloaded image file to get the following files:
How To Install Android Marshmallow 6.0 On Your Google Nexus Device Now:
- Copy all the .img files from the extracted folder to Minimal ADB & Fastboot Folder in C>Program Files > Minimal ADB & Fastboot folder.
- Now connect your Nexus device to your PC. Make sure that you’ve followed all the pre-requisites prior to this step.
- Now open Minimal ADB & Fastboot.exe file from the shortcut on your desktop or from the Minimal ADB & Fastboot folder under program files in your Windows drive.
- To verify your device’s connection with your PC issue this command:
- It should show you the list of attached devices followed by a code.
- Once you’ve verified the connection, issue the following command and press enter: adb reboot-bootloader
- Your Nexus will now reboot into bootloader mode.
- Once done, navigate to the folder where you extracted the contents of downloaded zip file.
- From the extracted files, run the script “flash-all.bat”.
- Follow on-screen instructions and sit back while it flashes Android M Preview 3 on your Nexus.
- That’s all. Your Nexus will now boot into the newly installed Android Marshmallow 6.0.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Google Camera 4.2.022.135443920 APK – Download - October 22, 2016
- Download Critical Ops for Windows PC and Mac - October 21, 2016
- Install Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab S 8.4 T700/T705 - October 19, 2016