HTC One X has been abandon by HTC a long time ago despite that it was once quite a challenging device in the market, but as the time passed HTC stopped paying attention to it, unlike Galaxy S3, who at-least received the update of Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat, while this one was gone after the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Although, as we have always mentioned, the custom Support is always keeping the devices alive, no matter how old they are, as long as their Hardware is compatible with the latest software,that device will run the latest Android firmware, even if the ROM is not stable.
Android 5.1 Lollipop has reached a lot of devices, whether in the form of Factory Images or an OTA update or an official firmware being updated manually or in the form of a Custom ROM, now the old flagships like HTC One X are getting this update via the Custom ROMs. Resurrection Remix Custom ROM based on Android 5.1 Lollipop is available for a lot of devices including the mentioned one. Resurrection Remix is based on Pure Android and AOSP sources, you’ll get some amazing smoothness for your device, battery time might not be that good as HTC One X doesn’t have that good battery from start.In this article, we will show you How to Install Android 5.1 Resurrection Remix ROM on HTC One X. If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your HTC One X by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from HTC but a Custom ROM. Installation procedure uses the Fastboot commands to install this custom ROM. Your device must be rooted. Let’s go through the early preparations and then flash this ROM.
- This is only for HTC One X!
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Unlock Bootloader Of Your Device.
- Flash a Custom Recovery and Root Your device
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is HTC in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Resurrection Remix: Link
How to Flash Boot.img:
- Make Sure that USB Debugging is enable, go-to Settings > Developers Option and Tick the USB debugging.
- Make sure that Fastbboot/ADB is configured on PC. How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide].
- Then Download both the files from the above links.
- Extract the Resurrection Remix.zip file and either in Kernal Folder or in the Main Folder there is a file called boot.img.
- Copy and paste the boot.img to the Fastboot Folder.
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hold Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on screen.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Now type in the following command: fastboot flash boot boot.img Press Enter.
- Then type in the following command: fastboot reboot.
- After the reboot, take out the battery and wait for at least 10 seconds.
How to Install Resurrection Remix :
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Open Recovery mode. How?
- Connect your device with PC
- Open Command Prompt in Fastboot folder.
- Now Type: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose Recovery from Bootloader
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery:
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Dalvik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Finally Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Resurrection Remix.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Go Back and Flash Gapps.zip
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Resurrection Remix.zip, GoogleApps.zip and Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
The First boot might take up-to 5 minutes, so please be patient.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016