Previously we posted the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop custom ROM for Sony Xperia S. Although the list of devices to receive this Custom ROM is not over yet, more of the Sony devices are being updated. AOSP ROMs are taking over to bring the Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROMs in the OS market once again, and not only for the Flagship but also for some other devices too. Sony Xperia Acro S has just received the AOSP ROM based on Android 5.0 resources and the ROM is quite Stable, fast and free of alot of basic bugs. If there’s any other bug in the app itself then it can be removed using any 3rd party application.
If you are an owner of Xperia Acro S, then you must first thank this developer for providing you this ROM and then scroll down and see for the tutorial that will help you in installing this ROM. In this Article, we will show you How to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop AOSP ROM on Sony Xperia Acro S, However, if you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Sony Xperia Acro S by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Sony but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted. Let’s go through the ROM features and early preparations and then flash this ROM.
1. This is only for Sony Xperia Acro S!
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Flash a Custom Recovery
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Sony in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. Incase of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
AOSP Lollipop ROM : Link
How To Install This ROM.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Open Recovery mode. How?
- Turn off Xperia Acro S
- While turning on, press volume up and down repeatedly to enter recovery mode
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the AOSP ROM.zip and Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System..
Q: Custom Rom sony Xperia Acro S:
A: Download the latest Custom Roms for Sony Xperia Acro S from the following links:
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016