OnePlus One, although not distributed by a lot of 3rd party dealers, yet happened to be a lucky device to receive a considerable amount of Publicity from all over the world. Arrived with CM 11s, the only ROM that has been exclusively reserved and kept for this device and hasn’t been released for any other one, a device that is sure to receive the update of Android 5.0 Lollipop, but the thing is that its Stock ROM is CM11s, so if there will be any CM12 ROM that is stable for this device, all the users will be considering that CM12 the Official update for this device, pretty nifty isn’t it, while others are waiting for their devices to get the latest versions of Android from the manufacturers, OnePlus One will be ahead of them all the time. But then again, who knows that this devicewill get CM 12 in a far better way and then they will call it CM 12s
CyanogenMod 12 is available for OnePlus One, but this is not the official ROM, cause CM12 is still in active development and no one can except a clean ROM anytime soon, it will take at-least a month or two to take this ROM to the Stable Stage, although the problems are not huge but still there are annoying bugs and the most common one is the Video Playback and Stock Camera apps, there are so many other instabilities as well, so make sure that you begin at your own risk as in this Article we will show you How to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop CM12 on OnePlus One, If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your OnePlus One by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from anyone but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted. Let’s go through early preparations and then flash this ROM.
1. This is only for OnePlus One!
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Flash a Custom Recovery
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is OnePlus One in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
CM 12 ROM: Link
How To Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on OnePlus One:
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Open Recovery mode. How?
- Connect your device with PC
- Open Command Prompt in Fastboot folder.
- Now Type: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose Recovery from Bootloader
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Finally Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the CM12.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Then Select Gapps.zip and Flash it
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the CM12.zip,Gapps.zip Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
First Boot might take up-to 5-minutes, so let your device rest for 5-minutes as you do something else.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016