The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 was truly a Android flagship killer at the time of its launch. But, it was soon over taken by some of the better flagships in the modern one. Not only did the flagships from other OEMs made it older, but Samsung’s devices itself have overcome the wrath of Samsung Galaxy Note 2. This happens with every Android smartphone, you get official updates for a while, then new and newer updates are disabled by the OEM itself. The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is one of them. If you happen to own a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, and want the new Material Design that Google released in its latest and Sweetest version of Android, then this is the guide for you! Resurrection Remix is a popular Custom ROM series, and has been around of a while. It brings loads and loads of customization and tweaks to old devices like the Note 2. The real questions are, does Resurrection Remix brings about Android 5.0, Lollipop, and is it available on the Note 2? The answer to both of the questions is yes and yes. Make sure that you own the exact same variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 as the N7100 one. If you try flashing this ROM on any other variant, then this might cause bootloops and even hard bricks!
Let’s start with the basic requirements which you need to flash this Android 5.0, Lollipop ROM.
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- A Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with a Custom Recovery Installed. Follow our Guides to install CWM by clicking here, and to install TWRP, click here.
- Resurrection Remix ROM. Download.
- Official GApps. Download.
- Make sure that your Note 2’s battery is charged at least upto 60% to prevent any abrupt shutdowns in between the process.
- You need to backup each and everything before you proceed. Use the following links to be on the safe side.
- Check if your Note 2’s model number is exactly same as N7100. To verify, navigate to Settings>About Phone and check for the Model Number!
- Download the Resurrection Remix ROM package from above.
- Download the GApps file for Android 5.0 Lollipop.
- Connect your Note 2 to your PC now.
- Transfer both of these .ZIP files onto your Note 2’s internal memory.
- Now disconnect your Note 2 and turn it off.
- Boot into TWRP recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in TWRP recovery, wipe cache, factory data reset and in advanced options > dalvik cache.
- After wiping all of these three options, select the “Install” option.
- Now select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select resurrection-remix…file.zip > Yes”.
- This will flash the ROM in your phone, once done get back to the main menu in recovery.
- Now once again select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select ROM file > Yes”
- This will flash the Gapps in your phone.
- Reboot your device.
- You should see the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop running on your device in a while.
- Great! Now you have the latest and sweetest version of Android installed on your Note 2 now!
Current Devices : OnePlus One, Samsung Galaxy S2, Micromax Canvas HD, Samsung Galaxy Ace
Latest posts by Adnan Ahmed (see all)
- How To Install Android 7.0 Nougat On Google Nexus Devices - August 23, 2016
- 6 best things about Android 7.0 Nougat - August 23, 2016
- Here’s the best Tech you can get under 1 Dollar - July 3, 2016