Android 5.0 Lollipop is making its way to a bunch of Android devices, some are receiving the Official Firmware, some are being updated via the Factory Images, some are running CM 12 based on Android 5.0 Lollipop and most of them are using the AOSP Lollipop Sources to run the Android 5.0 ROM on their device. Other ROMs include OmniROM 5.0 is also available and today AndroidNow HD Custom ROM based on Android 5.0 Lollipop is available for LG G3 D855. LG devices are the most anticipated to receive the Android 5.0 Lollipop update, who knows the new year might bring the Lollipop update for most of the LG G2 and G3 users. As far as I remember, we have seen Official Leak of Android 5.0 Lollipop for the LG G3 D855 last month and now we are seeing a Custom ROM based on Lollipop, the world is getting fast.
The ROM is pre-rooted and have all the features of Android 5.0 Lollipop, let us hope that this ROM has a Stock Gallery too, along with necessary LG Apps like Calculator, Quick Memo, Radio etc. Furthermore, an Audio+ Mod has been added in it, however, only for the Google Music app for better sound experience and also good control, although if you want to stuck to LG Stock Music App, Dolby Digital Plus Mod is there for you to provide a good experience, some of the Google Apps are already there, so you won’t need to Flash them separately. In this Article, We Will show you How to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on LG G3 D855 via AndroidNow HD ROM. However, if you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your LG G3 D855 by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from LGE but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted. Let’s go through the ROM features and early preparations and then flash this ROM.
1. This is only for LG G3 D855 !
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Flash a Custom Recovery
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is LGE in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. Incase of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
AndroidNow HD ROM: Link
How To Install This ROM.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Bootloader mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
- Highlight Recovery In Bootloader, and Press Power Button To Select it
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Finally Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the AndroidNow HD.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the AndroidNow HD.zip and Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
First Boot might take up-to 5-minutes, so let your device rest for 5-minutes as you do something else.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016