MOAR stands for Mother of All ROMs and in my Opinion, after using it a little and after seeing what it has provided, I can say that this ROM gives you a huge control over your device. The Mod Control allows you to control so many things, according to your choice and the limitations provided by the ROM. You get to control Status bar and everything in it, like Battery icon, Status, Status Bar icons colors. furthermore, you can control the Background, Traffic meter, Signal Level. You can control the Notification Panel, Sound and Display of your device along with most of the other General Mods.
To learn all about the ROM, you must visit the Official Thread. The best part about this ROM is the Floating Window and Lollipop Multi-Tasking, bringing the Material design to Samsung Stock Multi-Tasking. The only known issues are that the Clock does not hide on lock-screen and Toggles float once everything beneath them is removed.In this Article, we will show you How to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop MOAR ROM on Sprint Galaxy S5, but If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Sprint Galaxy S5 by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Samsung but a Custom ROM. You need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this. Your device must be rooted. Let’s go through the ROM features and early preparations and then flash this ROM.
- This is only for Sprint Galaxy S5
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Flash a Custom Recovery and Root Your device
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Backup EFS
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
MOAR ROM: Link
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Recovery mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Finally Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the MOAR.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Treat Aroma Installer with a little slow speed, otherwise there might be some problems with the Script
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
TWRP Users (Recommended)
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Now Wipe Devlick Cache and Cache
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the MOAR.zipand Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Choose options in Aroma Installer and Continue
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
First Boot might take up-to 5-minutes, so let your device rest for 5-minutes as you do something else.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016