Galaxy Note N7100 was one of the best devices ever created by Samsung, this device won the best gadget and best innovation award in its time, and now Samsung is removing its support from this device, thus no Kit-Kat as well as no Lollipop for Galaxy Note. The only way now left is the custom Support, which by far has kept this device alive to the maximum limit and now Android 5.0 Lollipop based ROMs will keep it alive. The very first Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM has made its way to the Galaxy Note N7100 and you’ll find out here how you can install it on your device. CyanogenMod 12 is based on Android 5.0 Lollipop and now available for Galaxy Note, the only problem find out right now is the GPS and Data connection, however, some has confirmed that this is working too.
Google Camera fix is available in the official thread, Data Fix is also available, and after all of this, one can easily state this ROM as a Daily Driver. In this Article, we Will show you How to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12 on Galaxy Note N7100, but If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Samsung but a Custom ROM. You need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this. Your device must be rooted. Let’s go through the ROM features and early preparations and then flash this ROM.
1. This is only for Galaxy Note 2 N7100!
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Flash a Custom Recovery and Root Your device
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Backup EFS
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
CM 12: Link
Android 5.0 Gapps: Link
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Recovery mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Finally Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the CM 12.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Go Back and Flash the Gapps.zip
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the CM 12.zip, Gapps.zip and Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
First Boot might take up-to 5-minutes, so let your device rest for 5-minutes as you do something else.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016