LiquidSmooth is one of the most accomplished ROMs of all times, and it is available for a lot of device now. Stable as a Straight line and Smooth as its name. In our previous article, I mentioned that Moto G has the best back cover, till I saw the DMC Back Cover of Moto X 2014, now I am thinking to get my hands on it. Now you must have known, how confusing this world is, with so many options to choose from one can’t get exactly what he want. The same is the case here in the Software world too, where there are so many ROMs to choose from, getting on a single ROM is not an easy thing to do and among so many awesome ROMs, choosing one is quite impossible.
This ROM is based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, with all the essential Features and apps pre-installed in it, the ROM is, Most probably, pre-rooted so you won’t need to Root it again. In this article, we will show you How to Install Android 5.0.2 LiquidSmooth Custom ROM on Moto X 2014, If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Moto X 2014 by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Motorola but a Custom ROM. Installation procedure uses the Fastboot commands to install this custom ROM. Your device must be rooted. Let’s go through the ROM features and early preparations and then flash this ROM.
- This is only for Moto X 2014!
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Unlock Bootloader Of Your Device
- Flash a Custom Recovery and Root Your device
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Motorola in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
LiquidSmooth Custom ROM: Link
How to Install LiquidSmooth ROM:
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Open Recovery mode. How?
- Connect your device with PC
- Open Command Prompt in Fastboot folder. (ADB and Fastboot Tools Installer)
- Now Type: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose Recovery from Bootloader
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery:
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Dalvik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Finally Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the LiquidSmooth.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the LiquidSmooth.zip, and Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
The First boot might take up-to 5 minutes, so please be patient.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016