Here it is, the very first custom ROM based on the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop, which was captured a couple of days ago on the Google Play Edition of HTC One M7 and HTC One M8. At that moment, it was anticipated that we are sure to see the Custom ROMs build on Android 5.0.1 sooner or later, but the device were expected to be latest, not a device from 2012. But if we look in the past, we have seen quite some surprises related with the Lollipop, at-least I expected the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop to be released for Nexus 6 and Nexus 9 first, but who ever thought that HTC One will receive this update first.
nAOSProm based on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for Sony Xperia S. It is one of the very first devices from Sony to feature a 12MP camera, along with 1.5GHz Dual core processor, 720p resolution and a 4.5-inch display. This ROM is not totally based on AOSP sources, but a little near to AOSP ROMs, the “n” stands for “near” and nAOSP stands for near to AOSP. The ROM is stable and has been upded to remove bugs and random problems found in it. In this article, we will show you How to Install Android 5.0.1 Lollipop nAOSProm on Sony Xperia S LT26i. If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Sony Xperia S by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Sony but a Custom ROM. You need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted. Let’s go through the ROM features and early preparations and then flash this ROM.
1. This is only for Sony Xperia S!
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Flash a Custom Recovery
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Sony in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. Incase of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
nAOSP ROM : Link
How To Install This ROM.
- Make sure that Bootloader of your device is unlocked. How To?
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Open Recovery mode. How?
- Turn off Xperia S
- While turning on, press volume up and down repeatedly to enter recovery mode
- Install this TWRP 220.127.116.11 on your Xperia S
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the nAOSP ROM.zip and Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016