Previously we posted the Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat Stock ROM for this device and even the Google Play Edition Lollipop ROM for this device is available too, however, there aren’t much interest on it, so we thought why not give the users something they would actually like, and also make sure that it is based on the latest version, so the only thing that came in mind was the CyanogenMod 12, which is based on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop, since the Official Lollipop ROM is available and the Source cods wasn’t that difficult for the developers to take out and compile the ROM, and hare we are about to give you the result of that compilation.
Although this is an un-official build, so in case of any mishap, no one is to blame but yourself. Now let us come to the bugs, which are the only things to look while you are searching for any ROM and there are no Bugs mentioned by the developer, after installing this, if you found any do let us know. In this Article, we will show you How to Install Android 5.0.1 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12 on HTC Droid DNA, However, if you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your HTC Droid DNA by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from HTC but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted. Let’s go through the ROM features and early preparations and then flash this ROM.
- This is only for HTC Droid DNA!
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Root Your device & Install Custom Recovery
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is HTC in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
CyanogenMod 12 ROM: Link
Google Apps: Link
How To Flash the Boot.img:
- Download the ROM and extract the boot.img
- Rename it to boot.img and paste it in the Fastboot folder, created in ADB guide
- Turn Off your Device
- Now go to Bootloader/Fastboot mode, Press and hold Power + Volume Down Buttons till you see some text on-screen
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder. How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Connect your Device with PC.
- Now Type fastboot flash boot boot.img to flash the this Recovery on your device
- Type fastboot reboot, to reboot your device
- After a proper reboot, your device will be running this Recovery
How To Install CyanogenMod 12:
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Open Recovery mode. How?
- Connect your device with PC
- Open Command Prompt in Fastboot folder.
- Now Type: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose Fastboot from Bootloader
Into the Recovery:
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Finally Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the CM12.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Go back and Install Gapps.zip
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
The first boot might take up-to half an hour, so better play a game or get yourself a cup of coffee or Tea۔
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016