The 4G LTE variant of the Galaxy S3, modeled as GT-I9305N happens to be one of the most luckiest Samsung devices as it has received the Android 4.4.4 KitKat update, since this update is available for a very limited number of devices at the moment, so we consider this device to be a lucky one. Galaxy S3 family is still stuck on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, due to hardware limitations, the international variant of the device GT-I9300 will stick to Android 4.3 for the rest of its life while Samsung did reveal the plans for upgrading rest of the variants to Android 4.4 KitKat and just yesterday the 4G LTE variant I9305N started receiving the latest and greatest version of Android.
The update is a major one, the device didn’t taste Android 4.4.2, and it jumped to Android 4.4.4 from 4.3, so the users will be experiencing a great change on their device. Noteable changes include white icons atop of the transparent notification bar, some of the applications have got a new user interface. There’s a camera shortcut key on the lockscreen, music player widget for the lockscreen has been changed as well. There are numerous changes that you may experience once you update your device to this latest firmware. The firmware update, as usual, is on a slow roll out and will take quite a time to reach your region, but just in case you happen to be an Android enthusiast who is impatient to get hands on this firmware, you may want to update your device manually. If this is the case with you, you may have spotted the relevant place.
We are going to install official Android 4.4.4 KtiKat XXUFNI4 firmware on our beloved 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9305N using Odin3 in the following post. While this is an official firmware, you don’t really need to worry about anything. All you have to do is, you need to follow the instructions carefully and get it done flawlessly. Let’s go through the early preparations and then flash this firmware.
Here are the firmware details:
- Device: 4G LTE Galaxy S3 GT-I9305
- OS: Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- Region: Finland
- Build: I9305NXXUFNI4
- Changelist: 2760029
- Build Date: 12/9/2014
1. This guide is only for 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9505!
Make sure that your device is exactly as mentioned above. To check out what device you have, go to Settings > More/General > About Device or Settings > About Device and match the model number. Be careful about the device model number, flashing a file on a device not listed here might result in bricking it up. In that case, we may not be held responsible.
2. Battery should be charged at least 60%!
Your device’s battery shouldn’t be weak. In case your device goes dead during the flashing process, your device may get soft bricked and you might be in need of flashing stock firmware and that will ultimately result in wiping up your data as well. So, make sure that you charge your device before you start the flashing process.
3. Use the OEM datacable to establish connection!
Always use the original data cable to establish connection between your Android device and your computer / laptop. Using ordinary data cables might interrupt the flashing process, so to avoid any mishap, you need to meet this requirement as well.
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. Also, clean install is always recommended, that means you will probably have to wipe your device to install the new firmware. So, you may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Backup EFS
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously.
5. Turn off Samsung Kies and other softwares while using Odin3!
Make sure that you turn off Samsung Kies while using Odin3 flashtool. Samsung Kies will interrupt Odin3 and will result in causing errors and may not let you flash your desired firwmrae. Also, make sure that you turn off any antivirus software you’ve installed and also disable firewall to avoid any connection and flashing issues.
How To Install Official Android 4.4.4 KitKat On Galaxy S3 LTE I9305N
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.09.
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers .
- Download and extract firmware file NEE-I9305NXXUFNI4-20140924114057.zip
- Wipe your device complete in order to attain a neat installation.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your GT-I9305N in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- For Odin 3.09 hit the AP tab. Select the firmware.tar.md5 or firmware.tar, that you downloaded and extracted above.
- If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the firmware flashing is complete, as soon as your device restarts, remove it from PC.
- Wait for your device to reboot, as soon as it reboots check out the new firmware!
- That’s all!
You may want to root your device as well now, here’s the method to do so.
How To Root Official Android 4.4.4 KitKat On Galaxy S3 LTE I9305N
- Download & extract CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3swexx-gti9305n.zip file, you will get a .tar or .tar.md5 file.
- Now open Odin3.exe.
- Now put your Galaxy S3 LTE I9305N in download mode using step 3 in the method explained above.
- Connect your phone with your PC now, the ID:COM box should turn yellow or blue.
- Now click on the “AP” tab if you’re using Odin 3.09, “PDA” tab if you’re using Odin 3.07 and select the extracted CF-Aut0-Root.tar.md5 file. You may have a look on the picture above to get a better idea about Odin’s use.
- Click on start and sit back.
- Disconnect your phone as soon as the flashing is done, find SuperSu in the app drawer.
- That’s all, you’re rooted now. Here are 10 best apps for root users.
We hope that this guide worked perfectly for you. In case you are stuck with something or you are facing any issues regarding this post, make sure that you leave the comments below. We will get back to you immediately. Thank you.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017
- Download Yu Gi Oh Duel Links for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017