Samsung’s Galaxy S2 stopped receiving updates after Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, not bad because Samsung brought this device from Android 2.3 Ginger Bread to Jelly Bean, thanks to Samsung for not forgetting the device too early. Galaxy S2, no doubt is all time popular and one of the best Android devices, and the device which Samsung a huge break through. The likings of users increase for Galaxy S2 specially when it comes to the development for the device.
Galaxy S2 is not expected to get Android 4.4 KitKat update, but the development community for Galaxy S II is quite big and always active, things never stop popping out on the XDA-developers. While exploring a custom ROM for the phone, i found Android 4.4 KitKat custom ROM based on unofficial CM 11. As off now, CM has not announced the Android 4.4 KitKat officially, but the developers have been producing ROMS based on CM 11’s kernel, we hope that it will soon get official as well.
Well, for now we have a working Android 4.4 KitKat Custom ROM, named as “Pound ROM” and is based on CyanogenMod 11, in the following tutorial we’ll be having a look on how we can flash this ROM in the Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.
Before flashing the ROM, here is what you need to do.
Do this only on Galaxy S2 GT-I9100. Do not try this on any other phone.
- Your phone must be rooted and have a custom recovery installed in it. Follow our guide here to root and install CWM recovery.
- Before you flash this ROM, make sure that you backup your current ROM/System using CWM recovery.
- Backup all your important media content, contacts, call logs and important text messages before flashing.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any mishap during the flashing process.
- Wipe your data-cache-dalvik cache using CWM recovery.
- Alright, make sure that you did everything mentioned above and now follow this guide to the letter.
How to Install Android 4.4 KitKat POUND ROM on Galaxy S2:
- Download Android 4.4 KitKat unofficial CM 11 POUND ROM.
- Place the downloaded .zip file on your phone’s sd card.
- Boot into CWM Recovery. To do so, turn off your device and turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key.
- Now in CWM, select “Install zip>choose zip from sd card”.
- Select the downloaded ROM’s .zip file that you placed on your phone sd card and then select “Yes” and let the installation proceed.
- It will take a very short time to complete the installation, as soon the installation gets complete, reboot your device.
- You will see the new ROM’s logo on the boot now and it will take a few minutes to turn on completely, Congrats! You’ve successfully installed the Android 4.4 KitKat Custom ROM.
In case you face the bootloop / stucked on the boot screen issue, boot into CWM recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache. The bootloop issue should be resolved. If you do not like the ROM, or if the ROM has bugs, you can quickly go back to your phone’s last working state that you backed up previously using CWM. You can find the restore option in CWM.
That’s all. We hope that you find this guide helpful, in case you got any queries or face any difficulties, feel free to stop by the comment box below. We’ll try our best to help you out. Thanks.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017
- Download Yu Gi Oh Duel Links for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017