Samsung’s very first Galaxy Note ran on Android 2.3 Ginger Bread out of the box, Samsung updated the device to Ice Cream Sandwich and later updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, Since the Android Jelly Bean update is there, there hasn’t been any word by Samsung on further updates for the device to Android 4.3 or Android 4.4 KitKat. Since the device was a trendsetter by Samsung, it is vastly used all over the world and is much popular with the users and the developers as well, so nothing to worry about if the updates stopped because the great developers over XDA community are always there to bring the best staff for us.
Well, let’s get back to the topic. Team Asylum has developed the unofficial Omni ROM based on Android 4.4 KitKat for our beloved Galaxy Note GT-N7000. If you are a Custom ROM freak, you must be familiar with the Omni ROM as it is one of the very best custom ROMs available around. Before we begin flashing, please keep in mind that this ROM is only for those who always like to get their hands on the latest and greatest version of Android before it comes out or if its not available officially, these ROMs are nightly builds and may contain bugs, also may not be kept for every day use, so go ahead only if you are familiar with what you’re doing.
Here are some pre-requisites and pre-cautions:
- This ROM is only for Galaxy Note GT N7000. Do not try this on any others phone.
- Your phone must be rooted and have a CWM recovery installed. Follow our full guide here to do so[Use only this method].
- Using CWM recovery backup your current ROM. This is highly recommended in case something goes wrong, or the new custom ROM doesn’t work well for you, you can immediately go back to your older system.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any mishap during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, contacts, call logs and text messages. This is highly recommended as you may have to wipe your phone in case something doesn’t work.
- Alright, follow this guide to letter in order to get the flashing process done successfully.
Files you need to download:
Download Asylum_Omni_4.4_20131202_n7000.zip file.
Download gapps for Android 4.4.
Download the latest Raw Kernel form Here.
Download SuperSu.zip v1.80 from Here.
How to Install Android 4.4 KitKat Asylum Omni Custom ROM on Galaxy Note:
- Make sure that you’ve rooted your phone and flashed a custom recovery using the link attached above.
- Place all the downloaded .zip files on your phone’s sd card.
- Now boot into recovery on your phone. To do so, turn off your device completely, now turn it by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home button + Power Key simultaneously. You should see the custom recovery interface now.
- In custom recovery select “Install Zip>Choose Zip from sd/ext sd>Select Raw Kernel.zip file”.
- Proceed the installation and wait for the Raw Kernel flashing to be finished.
- Now reboot into recovery once again, do not reboot into the system [Important].
- Wipe cache and dalvik cache using the wipe options in the recovery.
- In recovery, now select “Install Zip>Choose Zip from sd/ext sd>Select Asylum Omni.zip ROM file” and select “Yes”.
- After flashing the ROM, now flash gapps.zip in the same way.
- After flashing gapps, now flash SuperSu.zip in the same way.
- Congrats! You’ve installed the Asylum Omni Custom Android 4.4 KitKat ROM on your Galaxy Note GT N7000. Enjoy KitKat unofficially!
We hope that you will surely love this ROM. All the credit goes to the developer for his awesome work, consider a donation.
That’s all. In case you got any queries or face any difficulties, feel free to stop by the comment box below. We will try our best to help you out. Thanks and Happy Flashing!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download and Install Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 18, 2017
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017