While Samsung is busy making the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy Note 2, and the device still runs on Android 4.1.2, the awesome developers have managed to develop a custom Android 4.4 KitKat ROM for the device. It may take a long time for the Android 4.4 KitKat to make its way to Galaxy Note 2 officially, but those who can’t wait and like to play with the device beyond the boundaries, they might taste all the features and feel of the Android 4.4 KitKat on their device before it actually comes out.
You might be wondering or scared of installing the new custom ROM if you already saw it somewhere because of the complex method, but there is no need worry at all now as I’ve explained the ROM installation method in simple and easy steps below. You just got to read properly and follow to the letter.
|Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Samsung in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.|
Before we go ahead, here are some pre-requisites that you need to follow:
- Make sure that your device is rooted. Follow this guide to root and install TWRP recovery.
- Make sure that you backup your ROM using the TWRP recovery. There is Backup option in the recovery you should see it upon you boot into it.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged over at least 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues on the device during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to backup all your important data.
- Make sure that your device is Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. Check the model under Settings>General>About Device>Model.
- Install the listed files carefully, follow this guide to letter in order to prevent any mishap.
Before moving further, please keep in mind that this is a ROM is not stable, and is a nightly. It may contain bugs, do not expect it to work properly and as smooth as an official ROM. Only flash it if you have the know-how about custom ROMS. This ROM may not be kept for daily use.
Files you need to download:
How to Install CM 11 Custom ROM Android 4.4 KitKat on Galaxy Note 2:
- Before going ahead, once again make sure that you Backup your current ROM using TWRP recovery. This is handy in case the custom ROM doesn’t work fine and you want to go back to your old ROM immediately.
- Place the downloaded ROM .zip file on your phone’s SD card.
- Place the downloaded gapps .zip file on your phone’s SD card as well.
- Boot into TWRP recovery mode [power off complete then turn on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key ]. Make sure that you follow the installation guide attached above in pre-requisites’s first step.
- In TWRP recovery tap “Install>Zip files>Choose the ROM’s zip file that you placed.”
- Install it, the installation should take a while.
- As soon as it ends flashing the ROM, now once again in TWRP recovery select “Install>Zip Files > Choose the gapps .zip file that you placed”.
- After it ends flashing the gapps, reboot your device.
- You should see the CM logo on the boot now. It will take a few minutes to boot into the system, hold your nerves while it starts.
- In case the device is strucked at bootloop, boot into twrp recovery and wipe factory data/cache/dalvik cache.
- It should work fine now.
Congrats! You’ve successfully installed Android 4.4 KitKat custom ROM on your phone. In case you got any queries or difficulties, feel free to stop by the comment box below. We will try our best to help you out. Thanks!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How To Download Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 20, 2017
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017