The popular custom OmniROM is now available for our beloved Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000. Thanks to the Senior XDA devleoper XpLoDWilD for packing up this great ROM for the Galaxy Note. Just in case you don’t know, Samsung’s very first phablet, Galaxy Note runs on Android 2.3 Ginger Bread out of the box, the phone received updates up to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and stopped here. As off now, there is no official word by Samsung, no news or rumor anywhere about any further updates for the Galaxy Note. But that’s not a thing to worry about as long as we have the great developers working over the XDA community.
In the following post we’re going to have a look on a method to install this ROM on the Galaxy Note 1 GT-N7000. This is a nightly build, and may contain some bugs. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible, also flash this ROM only if you’re familiar with the custom ROMs and you are good at flashing / tweaking.
In case you don’t know what is OmniROM, have a look:
OmniROM is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (Kitkat), which is designed to increase performance, reliability and features over stock Android for your device.
Before heading towards the ROM flashing guide, here are some pre-requisites that you must follow:
- Your device must have a CWM recovery installed. Follow our full guide here to do so.
- This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000. Do not try this on any other device. Check your device’s model in Settings > About Device.
- Your device’s battery should be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Use only OEM data cable to establish connection between your phone and PC. Turn off your Anti Virus and Firewall to prevent any connection issues. Also enable USB debugging mode on your phone if you face connection issues.
- If you already have rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to back up all your important apps + system data. Also if you are using a custom recovery, it is recommended that you backup your current system using that first. [Just for the sake of safety.]
- We highly recommend you to wipe your phone’s data, cache and dalvik cache, a clean install always expected to give the best results.
- This firmware is pre-rooted, you may not need worry about root access later on.
- Alright! Go ahead and flash the custom firmware, follow this guide to the letter.
Let’s move forward to the next page for the ROM flashing guide.
Pages: Page 1 > Page 2
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Soul Knight for PC (Windows and Mac) - February 26, 2017
- Download LG G6 Stock Wallpapers - February 26, 2017
- How to logout of Facebook Messenger on Android and iPhone - February 25, 2017