Samsung’s latest flagship device Galaxy S4 runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean out of the box and Samsung recently updated the device to Android 4.3 with Knox implementation and Galaxy Gear support. According to the reports, Samsung has planned to update Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4 KitKat in January, 2014. What we have here for you today is the Android 4.4 KitKat based CyanogenMod 11 custom ROM.
Thanks to the developers over XDA forums for bringing us this custom ROM. If you are one of the Android enthusiast and custom ROM freaks, you must be familiar with the CyanogenMod, the best custom ROM available around. Do you wish to taste the Android 4.4 KitKat on your LTE Galaxy S4 before it actually comes out officially? Well, if so then this post is surely for you, but the KitKat ROM is CyanogenMod 11 based as mentioned above.
Before head towards the flashing method, here are some pre-requisites and pre-cautions:
- This method is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT I9505. Do not try this on any other device, it may result in bricking.
- Your phone must be rooted and have a custom recovery installed. Follow our full guide here to root and flash a custom recovery.
- Using the custom recovery, backup your current ROM. This is highly recommended in case something goes wrong during the flashing process, or the custom ROM doesn’t work fine for you.
- Make sure that you’ve backed up all your contacts, call logs and text messages. Also backup your important media content. This is highly recommended in case you need to wipe your phone before or after the installation of custom ROM.
- Make sure that your phone’s batter is charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any mishap during the flashing process.
- Alright! Follow this guide to the letter.
Files you need to download:
How to Install Android 4.4 KitKat CM 11 Custom ROM on Galaxy S4 LTE I9505:
- Make sure that you’re rooted and have installed a custom recovery using the link attached above.
- Place both the downloaded .zip files on your phone’s SD card.
- Boot into the custom recovery. To do so, turn off your device completely. Then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously. You should see the custom recovery interface now.
- Select wipe, and wipe cache and dalvik cache now.
- Now select “Install>Choose Zip from sd/ext sd card>Select the downloaded CM 11 ROM.zip file”.
- Proceed the ROM installation, as soon as it ends, once again select “Install>Choose Zip from sd/ext sd card>Select the downloaded Gapps.zip file”.
- Complete the Gapps.zip file installation.
- Now again wipe cache and dalvik cache in recovery.
- Phewww! You should now see the CM logo on the bootscreen. It may take upto 10 minutes in order to show you the home screen. Wait patiently.
All the credit goes the developer for this ROM. If you like the ROM please consider him a donation.
That’s all. In case you have any queries or face any difficulties, feel free to stop by the comment box below. We will try our best to help you out.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus Stock Wallpapers - March 29, 2017
- List of Samsung Galaxy S8 & Galaxy S8 Plus Model Numbers - March 29, 2017
- T-Mobile goes underwater to welcome the Galaxy S8 with Sharks - March 29, 2017