HTC One has been receiving the Update of Android 4.3 and the Custom ROMs based on Android 4.3 has already been released for HTC One. Now the Team CyanogenMod is developing CyanogenMod based on Android 4.4 Kit-Kat and the unofficial ROM has already been released for HTC ONE. The onl problem is that it hasn’t been tested on many devices, so no one is sure that will it even work or not. But if you want to try it, who are we to stop you. Follow the tutorial and install it.
In this article, we will show you How To Install Android 4.4 Kit-Kat CM11 On Sprint HTC One. But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Check Device Model Number, it must be 801c!
- Your Device must be Rooted and Latest TWRP or CWM Recovery must be installed on it, otherwise the tutorial won’t work, install ROM manager to update Recovery.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For Sprint HTC One.
How To Install Android 4.4 Kit-Kat CM11 On Sprint HTC One.
- Download Android 4.4 ROM file and Google Apps.
- Make Sure that USB Debugging is enable, goto Settings > Developers Option and Tick the USB debugging.
- Make sure that Fastbboot/ADB is configured on PC. How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide].
- Then Download the CM 11 File from the above links.
- Extract the .zip file and either in Kernal Folder or in the Main Folder there is a file called boot.img.
- Copy and paste the boot.img to the Fastboot Folder.
- Now copy and paste the CM 10.zip and Google Apps file to the root of your SD card.
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hole Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on screen.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Now type in the following command: fastboot flash boot boot.img Press Enter.
- Then type in the following command: fastboot reboot.
- After the reboot, take out the battery and wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Then re-insert the battery and enter Bootloader mode. How? Press and hold Power + Volume Down button till you see some text on screen, From bootloader select recovery.
- Choose “Wipe Cache” Partition first.
- Choose ‘advance’ and select ‘Devlik wipe cache’, so you won’t stuck in any Boot loop.
- The finally choose ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- Now select ‘Install zip from sd card’, then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the JB 4.4.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- After the installation, Again select ‘install zip from sd card’ and ‘choose zip from sd card’ and select Gapps.zip file and confirm installation on next screen.
- After that, +++++Go back. and Reboot System now. Wait for 5-minutes for the first run.
Voila that’s it you HTC One is now upgraded to Android 4.4 Kit-Kat, to check Goto settings> About > Software Version.
Latest posts by Ali Raza (see all)
- 1000 Cool Instagram Names – Girls & Guys - April 25, 2017
- How To Bypass FRP on Samsung Devices – Bypass FRP APK - April 22, 2017
- Sideload Snapchat++ On iOS Without Jailbreak - April 21, 2017