Galaxy S3 Mini is currently running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, and it doesn’t seem that Samsung is in a mood to update this device to any further version of Android. While Samsung has stuck this device on 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, Google has rolled out Android 4.4.4 KitKat and started updating its Nexus devices to this latest and greatest version of Android. Galaxy S3 Mini users might be disappointed on this, but the disappointment isn’t meant to last long as the developers are always there to bring up something that can give the Android devices a new life.
XDA Senior Member New Maclaw has once again brought up the latest firmware, Android 4.4.4 KitKat for the Galaxy S3 Mini based on the famous custom ROM CyanogenMod 11. The firmware is stable and maybe kept for everyday’s use on your device. This seems quite a good chance to get your Galaxy S3 Mini KitKat treatment as CyanogenMod has always remained the users’s choice. As you move forward, you will find a comprehensive guide that will help you to install this Android 4.4.4 KitKat on your Galaxy S3 Mini using the CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM. You just need to make sure that you follow all the instructions carefully in order to get it done successfully.
Here are the early preparations:
- This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190/N/L. Do not try this on any other device, please check your device’s model in Settings > About Device > Model.
- Your device must have a custom recovery installed, in case you’re missing it you may Follow our full guide here to install TWRP.
- Your device’s battery should be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- If you already have rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to back up all your important apps + system data. Also if you are using a custom recovery, it is recommended that you backup your current system using that first. [Just for the sake of safety]. Here’s our full Nandroid Backup guide.
- You will have to go through Data Wipes during installation of this ROM, so make sure that you have backed up all the mentioned data.
- Make an EFS backup of your phone before you flash this ROM.
- You need enough confidence to flash this ROM.
- Alright! Go ahead and flash the custom firmware, follow this guide to the letter.
How To Install Android 4.4.4 KitKat On Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Using CM 11 Custom ROM:
- Download cm11.0_golden.nova.20140628.zip file.
- Download Gapps.zip file for CM 11.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Copy the both the .zip files to the storage of your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone and turn it off complete.
- Boot into TWRP recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in TWRP recovery, wipe cache, factory data reset and advanced options > dalvik cache.
- After wiping all these three, select “Install” option.
- Now select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select cm1..0_golden.nova.20140628.zip file > Yes”.
- This will flash the ROM in your phone, once done get back to the main menu in recovery.
- Now once again select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select Gapps.zip file > Yes”
- This will flash the Gapps in your phone.
- Reboot your device.
- You should see the Android 4.4.4 KitKat ROM running on your device in a while.
- That’s all!
First boot may take up to 10 minutes, you may not worry if it’s taking that much long. In case it’s taking too long, you may boot into TWRP recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot your device as it may fix the issue. In case your device is having issues, you may return to your old system using the Nandroid backup or follow our guide here to install stock firmware.
In case you got any issues or you face any difficulties regarding this post, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and let us know. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire for Windows PC and Mac - December 8, 2016
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire APK - December 8, 2016
- Download Trusted Contacts APK - December 7, 2016