Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat is sure getting a lot of Popularity, and because of that, the custom ROMs based on Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat are coming in bulks and especially for non-Flagship devices, I mean recently HTC Sensation was seen running Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat via CM 11 ROM and today we will show you how to Install Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat Via CM 11 On AT&T Galaxy Captivate SGH-I897. Galaxy Captivate is a low end and budget device from Samsung, if we get to take it i time when Android 2.3.3 was the latest Android version and if you look it like that, a device that Old is still getting the Update of Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat, even if it is Custom. However, the update is only available for AT&T Galaxy Captivate, any other device is not supported with this ROM.
This is a Nightly release of CM 11, experiencing bugs in this ROM is a normal thing, but if we are getting a nightly build, that means we are sure to get the Stable version too. You know about Cyanogenmod, these ROMs are true stock ROMs, based on the Stock Android, no Bloats, no extra sauces or something, complete Stock, even Google Apps are not by default in it, you have to flash them separately. Without further ado, let’s see how we can install it.If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Galaxy Captivate by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Samsung, but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted.
In this Article, we will show you How To Install Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat Via CM 11 On AT&T Galaxy Captivate SGH-I897.But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is SGH-I897.
- Do-not try it on any Galaxy S4 carrier bound variant.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Samsung Devices: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is SAMSUNG in our case. In a case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Install It.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Recovery mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore, on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then Finally Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the CM11.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is Over, Go back and Flash Google Apps
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the CM 11.zip and Google Apps , Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
That’s it, after a Successful reboot, your AT&T Galaxy Captivate SGH-I897 will be running Android 4.4.4 CM11 Kit-Kat. Wait for At-least 5-minutes for the First run, then go to Settings > About to Verify.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016