Galaxy Tab 4 is another Tab series released by Samsung, containing 7,8 and 10.1-inch Screen tablets, not a very high-end device is specs, but not a bad one either, especially if you look at the Size. Powered by a Quad-Core 1.2GHz processor, 1.5GB of RAM, 8/16GB of internal storage, 1280x720p 7-inch screen and running Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat out-of-the-box, this device can give you heads-up if you want it for some quality movie watching experience. Many of the Galaxy Tab 4 owners have posted some great reviews about this gadget and by all means it is great.
However, there was no update for this device since its release, till now. Samsung has released Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat update for it, not a huge difference it will make, but some bug fixes and performance issues will be solved in it.This update can be download via Samsung Kies, but my experience with Samsung Kies is way too bad, you can just check the OTA update, it will be there. But if it’s not, we have an even simple solution for you, download and flash it manually.
If you are familiar with Odin and it’s working, then this tutorial might not be difficult for you. Otherwise read the whole tutorial first before trying it on your device. In this Article, we will show you How To Install Android 4.4.2 XXU0ANG1 Kit-Kat Official Firmware on Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 T230. But before we begin, Make sure:
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is T230.
- Do-not try it on any other device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Samsung Devices: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is SAMSUNG in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Install It.
- Download Android 4.4.2 T230XXU0ANG1 for Galaxy Tab 4 to your computer and extract the zip file.
- Download Odin.
- Turn off your Phone and Turn it On While Pressing, Power + Volume Down + Home button until you see some text on-screen, Press Volume Up to continue.
- Make Sure that the USB drivers are installed.
- Open Odin in Computer and connect your device to PC, while it is in the Download mode.
- If your Phone is successfully connected to PC, the Odin port will turn Yellow with COM port number.
- Now Click on PDA and select the File who has the biggest size.
- In Odin, Check Auto reboot and F.Reset Options.
- Now Click the Start button and wait for the process to complete.
- After the installation is complete you device will restart and once you see the Home Screen, unplug the cable.
That’s it! Your Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 T230 has been updated to Android 4.4.2 XXU0ANG1 Kit-Kat Firmware. Go to Settings > About To verify.
If You’re Upgrading from a Custom ROM:
If you are upgrading from a Custom ROM, you will most likely to stuck into bootloop. If this situation occurs. do the following:
- Go to Recovery. Turn off your Phone and Turn it On While Pressing, Power + Volume Up + Home button until you see some text on-screen,
- Navigate to Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Go Back and Select Wipe Cache.
- Select Reboot System Now.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016