HTC Desire HD is a real old device, released in October 2010 and still got the update of Android 4.4.2, not the official update but a Custom ROM based on Android 4.4.2. This ROM on the outside is nothing but if sneak into a little settings you will realize that this ROM has a lot of Tweaks and Customization. This ROM is smooth, fast and fill with stability features and Sweetness of Kit-Kat.The look and UI of this ROM is same as the AOKP, infact you will hardly feel any difference.If you are interested in Other ROM, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section Or you can install this ROM on your HTC Desire HD by following our tutorial below.This is not an official release from HTC, but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install it and also your device must be rooted
But why would anyone goes for a Custom ROM instead of staying on the Stock On, allow me to explain. “Stock and Official ROMs are good, but they are created with keeping in mind the demands of all,some wants performance and some wants speed, some wants looks, some wants features. Putting them all in one ROM can cause Lag, Performance issues and bugs. But Custom ROM in basically designed for either Looks or Performance and Custom ROM gives speed and great performance with Tweaks and System Tools.”
In this Article, we will show you How To Install SchutzhundAOKP Android 4.2.2 Custom ROM On HTC Desire HD. But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged battery.
- Back-up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is HTC in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device must be Rooted and Latest Custom Recovery must be installed on it.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For HTC Desire HD.
- Bootloader Must be Unlocked.
Features Of SchutzhundAOKP ROM:
- Video Editor
- Custom bootanimation
- ROM Control
- Apollo Music Player
- CyanogeMod File Manager
- Busybox (enhanced busybox – from SaberMod)
- DSP Manager (music/sound eq)
- AOKP Theme Manager
- Performance Control (included as app in App Drawer – NOT System Settings Menu)
- AOKP Torch
- Sound Recorder
- Swag Wallpapers
- App Manager
All Read and Done, Let’s Go to installation process and Find out how to install this Custom ROM on your device.
Here you will find the Step-by-Step Guide On How To Install SchutzhundAOKP Android 4.4 Custom ROM On HTC Desire HD. But let me remind you again, ClockworkMod Recovery(Older Version) is not recommended when it comes to installing this ROM, Only latest versions of TWRP and CWM Touch Recovery is supported without bugs. So, if you are using an Old CWM Recovery or TWRP on your device Upgrade it to the Latest version, if you want to go with older version, you are on your own. We are warning you that if you used and Older Recovery and Brick your device, We will not be responsible for anything.
- Download SchutzhundAOKP Android 4.4 ROM: Link
- HTC USB Drivers: Link
- Fastboot and ADB Configured, HOW? Follow: Link
- USB Debugging is enable, go-to Settings > Developers Option and Tick the USB debugging.
- Download Google Apps: Link
How To Install It.
- Download SchutzhundAOKP ROM from the Above link
- Extract the SchutzhundAOKP.zip file and either in Kernal Folder or in the Main Folder there is a file called boot.img.
- Copy and paste the boot.img to the Fastboot Folder.
- Now copy and paste the Zip files to the root of your SD card.
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hold Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on screen.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Now type in the following command: fastboot flash boot boot.img Press Enter.
- Then type in the following command: fastboot reboot.
- After the reboot, take out the battery and wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Then re-insert the battery and enter Bootloader mode. How? Press and hold Power + Volume Down button till you see some text on screen, From bootloader select Recovery.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then Finally Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the file SchutzhundAOKP.zip and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Then Install Google Apps
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the SchutzhundAOKP.zip and Google Apps and select it , Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System..
Voila that’s it you HTC Desire HD is now upgraded to SchutzhundAOKP Android 4.4.2 Custom ROM, to check Go-to settings> About > Software Version
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016