Galaxy S3’s current Android version is Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. There has been a number of rumors suggesting about Galaxy S3’s Android 4.4.2 KitKat in the first quarter of 2014, but the first quarter has almost passed away so there are not chances of any update anytime soon, also there hasn’t been any official word by Samsung about the Galaxy S3’s any further Android updates. The only way to taste KitKat on your Galaxy S3 for now is to use some nice and stable custom ROM and taste it unofficially.
To do the job, one of the popular and nice custom ROMs available around is Fusion Boeffla KitKat. Developed by XDA senior member Dragon7780, Fusion Boeffla KitKat is based on CyanogenMod, the ROM packs up some features from AOKP, SlimROM, Paranoid Android, Chameleon OS and other similar popular custom ROMs. The current version 4.4.2_2.0.6 that is Fusion Boeffla KitKat representing unofficial Android 4.4.2 KitKat for the Galaxy S3. There is a hefty list of features and mods included in this ROM, so to make it easier to understand we’ll be going through each and everything thoroughly and in steps. Let’s start by over-viewing Fusion Boeffla KitKat’s features/mods.
- This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Do not try this on any other device, please check your device’s model in Settings > About Device > Model.
- Your device must have a custom recovery installed, in case you’re missing it you may Follow our full guide here to install TWRP.
- Your device’s battery should be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- If you already have rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to back up all your important apps + system data. Also if you are using a custom recovery, it is recommended that you backup your current system using that first. [Just for the sake of safety]. Here’s our full Nandroid Backup guide.
- You will have to go through Data Wipes during installation of this ROM, so make sure that you have backed up all the mentioned data.
- Make an EFS backup of your phone before you flash this ROM.
- You need enough confidence to flash this ROM.
- Alright! Go ahead and flash the custom firmware, follow this guide to the letter.
How to Install Fusion Boeffla KitKat Custom ROM on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300:
- Download Fusion Boeffla Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM .zip file.
- Download Google Gapps for Android 4.4.2 KitKat .zip file.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Copy both the .zip files to the storage of your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone and turn it off complete.
- Boot into TWRP recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in TWRP recovery select wipe option and wipe cache, factory data reset, dalvik cache.
- After wiping all these three, select “Install” option.
- Now select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card / locate the zip file > Select Fusion Boeffla KitKat.zip file > Yes”.
- This will flash the ROM in your phone.
- Once again in TWRP select “Install > Choose zip from SD card / locate the file > Gapps.zip file > Yes”.
- This will flash Gapps in your phone.
- Reboot your device.
- You should see the Fusion Boeffla KitKat ROM running on your device in a while.
- That’s all!
First boot may take up to 10 minutes, you may not worry if it’s taking that much long. In case it’s taking too long, you may boot into CWM or TWRP recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot your device as it may fix the issue. In case your device is having issues, you may return to your old system using the Nandroid backup or follow our guide here to install stock firmware.
In case you got any issues or you face any difficulties regarding this post, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and let us know. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to fix Google Chrome performance issues on Mac OS X/MacOS Sierra - January 22, 2017
- How To Download Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 20, 2017
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017