Samsung’s 2nd phablet Galaxy Note 2 is by far one of the very good, popular and great devices around there, specially packing up might features in a superb body. Galaxy Note 2 flaunts a huge 5.5 inches display with 267 ppi, a 1.6 GHz quad core processor with a 2 GB RAM, the phone was the first one to have such a massive RAM. Under the hood it has a 3100 mAh battery. An 8 MP camera sensor is fixed at the back while a 2 MP camera is there on the front.
Galaxy Note 2 ran on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean out of the box, Samsung updated the device to Android 4.1.2 and then took a very long time to update the device to Android 4.3, the delay disappointed the users for sure, perhaps Samsung didn’t bring Android 4.2.2 and made a direct move to 4.3. As off now, Samsung has also announced its plans for the devices that will be receiving Android 4.4 KitKat and the good news is here for the Galaxy Note 2 owners as the device will be one of those. It is expected that in April 2014, Samsung will update Galaxy Note 2 to KitKat. Perhaps, that’s a long time isn’t it? and it’s quite hard to wait, specially when you’re an Android enthusiast.
Well, If you ever tried installing custom ROMs are went after searching any custom ROM for your Galaxy Note 2, you must have heard of the Omni ROM. A great and very well known ROM among the Galaxy Note 2 users, and is also one of the much used custom ROMs out there. Omni ROM’s latest build is based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat, that means you can taste the latest and greatest version of Android on your Galaxy Note 2 before it actually comes out, but you can taste this unofficially using this custom ROM. In the following guide, I’ve explained the method to install this ROM on the Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 in simple and easy words.
Before we head towards the ROM installation, here are some pre-requisites that you must have:
- This ROM is only for Galaxy Note II GT N7100. Do not try this on any other device, please check your device’s model in Settings > About Device.
- Flash this ROM only if you are familiar with custom ROMs and if you know what exactly you are doing. If you don’t know much about flashing custom ROMs we highly recommend you not to install this ROM.
- This ROM is a nightly build, do not expect it to work properly as it may contain a lot of bugs, you may not install it if you want to use it for everyday use. This may be used only if you want to taste the KitKat on your device.
- Your device must have a TWRP recovery installed. Follow our full guide to install TWRP recovery here.
- Before you install this ROM, boot into TWRP recovery and backup your current ROM/System/EFS and save it on your PC. This is highly recommended in case something goes wrong and you need to restore your device’s recent working state.
- Please make sure that you’ve battery charged enough to complete this process, it must be charged over at least 60%. This is important to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Please make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is much important as you will have to wipe your phone before flashing this ROM.
- Alright! Follow this guide to the letter now.
How to Install Omni ROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy Note 2:
- Download the latest version of Omni ROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat Nightly.zip file for your device.
- Download Gapps for Omni ROM Android 4.4.2.
- Download SuperSu.zip file.
- Place all the downloaded .zip files on your phone’s sd card.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery. To do so, turn off your device completely, now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the TWRP Recovery interface now.
- In recovery select Wipe > Factory Reset, Also wipe your System.
- Go the main menu in recovery now and select Install > ROM.zip file and flash it.
- Wait for it to flash the ROM, as soon as ROM flashing is done, once again tap Install > this time tap Gapps.zip file.
- After flashing once again tap Install > and select SuperSu.zip file.
- After flashing all the files, Wipe > Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- You should see the Omni ROM interface on your device now.
- Congrats! You’re done. Enjoy Android 4.4.2 KitKat on your Galaxy Note 2 now.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download and Install Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 18, 2017
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017