As promised and planned, Samsung has started updating it’s latest phablet Galaxy Note 3’s Exynos variant to the latest and greatest version of Android, the Android 4.4.2 KitKat. The update has hit Russian(SER) region first of all through Samsung Kies and OTA, while Samsung will be cooking up the update for other regions and sending through KIES or OTA as well but this will take usual time.
The new update packs up performance enhancements, stability, bug fixes. Along with these, there are minor UI changes including the new white icons in the notification bar showing off Android 4.4.2 KitKat, a move from Samsung’s old Gingerbread style green icons in the notification bar. Samsung has also given an option in the settings to switch between launchers, users can also choose whether they want to use Hangouts or Messaging app for SMS/MMS purposes. Rest of the changes can be tasted upon flashing this firmware. As off now, Samsung hasn’t implemented ART in Android 4.4.2 KitKat as it’s being said that ART is not yet compatible with TouchWiz, but it’s always better to wait in Samsung’s case as Samsung has always brought up the best and stable software to it’s users. We may see it in future builds of Android 4.4 KitKat.
So, to update your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 to this firmware, first of all connect your device to your PC and check for updates using Samsung KIES. The second option is to check for OTA update, to do so, goto Settings > General > About Device > Check for Software Updates. If you end up finding no update through both these and you’re can’t keep patience until Samsung rolls it for your region, you may use the method we’re going to have a look below. This manual method will help you to get KitKat for your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900.
Here are the firmware details:
- Model: SM-N900
- Region: SER (Russia)
- OS: 4.4.2 KitKat
- Version: N900XXUDNA6
- Build Date: 14.01.2014
- Changelist: 376474
Here are some important pre-cautions and pre-requisites that you must keep in mind before you start flashing this firmware on your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900.
- This firmware is only for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900. Do not try this on any other device, check your device’s model in Settings > General > About Device.
- Your device’s battery should be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Use only OEM data cable to establish connection between your phone and PC. Turn off your Anti Virus and Firewall to prevent any connection issues. Also enable USB debugging mode on your phone if you face connection issues.
- If you already have rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to back up all your important apps + system data. Also if you are using a custom recovery, it is recommended that you backup your current system using that first. [Just for the sake of safety.]
- Using TWRP Recovery, please make an EFS backup before you flash this ROM.
- For the best performance results, it is always recommend to wipe cache and factory data before installing official firmware. This is not necessary but may be one in order to make the phone work at its best.
- Alright! Go ahead and flash the firmware, follow this guide to the letter.
Make sure that you read everything explained above carefully. Also, make sure that you’re doing it at your own risk, in case of any mishap we may not be held responsible.
Alright, let’s move forward to the 2nd page for flashing this ROM:
Pages: Page 1 > Page 2
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download and Install Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 18, 2017
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017