Samsung’s low end and pretty old Android device Galaxy Ace stopped at Android 2.3 Ginger Bread, the software updates may have stopped but the device is still widely being used all over the world as it is one of the very earlier Android runners. As long as we have the awesome developers present around, we may not think of and end to the tweaks made with the devices. Something similar is here for the Galaxy Ace owners today. We’ve found a great and working CyanogenMod 11 based Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom ROM for Galaxy Ace. Yes, KitKat for Galaxy Ace. I’m sure that after reading it, you won’t be able to wait that much, so let’s move forward.
The only thing you need to keep in mind before you head towards installation guide is, although this is a stable custom ROM and there are less chances of bugs, but still we highly recommend you to proceed if you’re familiar with custom ROM flashing and if you actually know what you’re doing. We do not recommend non-familiar people to flash custom ROMs as long as they are good with flashing and tweaking.
Here are some instructions that you must follow in order to get this ROM installed.
- This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830. Do not try this on any other device, please check your device’s model inSettings > About Device > Model.
- Your device must have a custom recovery installed. Follow our full guide here to install CWM.
- Your device’s battery should be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Backup everything as flashing this firmware will wipe your phone completely.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- If you already have rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to back up all your important apps + system data. Also if you are using a custom recovery, it is recommended that you backup your current system using that first. [Just for the sake of safety.]
- Make an EFS backup of your phone before you flash this ROM.
- You need enough confidence to flash this ROM.
- Alright! Go ahead and flash the custom firmware, follow this guide to the letter.
Make sure that you read all the instructions carefully, let’s move forward to the 2nd page for ROM flashing guide.
Pages: Page 1 > Page 2
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to fix Google Chrome performance issues on Mac OS X/MacOS Sierra - January 22, 2017
- How To Download Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 20, 2017
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017