Cataclysm ROM is based on Android 4.4.2 and AOSP sources, Some features form the Stock ROM on Nexus 5 is also added to the ROM. This ROM is the best combination, when it comes to battery life and performance and thanks to tweaks and system optimizations this ROM can prove itself to be the best one yet. The only let-down in this ROM is that there is no theme choose like in CM 11, but you can install different launches if you like the looks and themes. This is not an official release from LG/Google, but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install it and also your device must be rooted. Haven’t rooted yet. Follow:
But why would anyone goes for a Custom ROM instead of staying on the Stock On, allow me to explain. “Stock and Official ROMs are good, but they are created with keeping in mind the demands of all,some wants performance and some wants speed, some wants looks, some wants features. Putting them all in one ROM can cause Lag, Performance issuesand bugs. But Custom ROM in basically designed for either Looks or Performance and Custom ROM gives speed and great performance with Tweaks and System Tools.”
In this Article, we will show you How To Install Cataclysm ROM Android 4.4.2 On LG Nexus 5.But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged battery.
- Back-up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is LG in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
- Your Device must be Rooted and Latest Custom Recovery must be installed on it.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For LG Nexus 5.
Features Of Android 4.4.2 Cataclysm ROM:
- Smart Radio
- Softkeys Fade Mod
- One click app picker
- Lockscreen Mods: custom wallpaper, disable camera, widgets maximized, custom quick launch targets, Fullscreen lockscreen
- Immersive mode
- Battery: Text Only / Circle battery / Text + Icon
- Optional data activity overlay on statusbar
- Remember Headset Volumes
- Resize Navigation Bar
- Status bar brightness control
- Screen recorder service
- Incoming call bigger picture
- Clear all Recents Button
- Sleep Button
- AOSP Keyboard Customization
- Volume Rocker Wake, Music control, cursor control
- Longpress Back button to kill foreground app
- Extended Power Menu
- ROM settings backup support
- 3G Only & LTE Only network mode
- Announce caller over earphones/headsets (tts).
- Center statusbar clock – AM/PM Style – Disable Status bar clock
- Longpress recents go to last task
- Longpress lockscreen slider to unlock
- Disable Safe Headset volume warning
- Disable Google Now swipe gesture
- Disable power menu if secure mode in lockscreen has been selected
All read and Ready, let’s head towards the next page to see How to install this ROM on your Nexus 5.
Pages: Page 1 | Page 2
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016