Samsung’s flagship device Galaxy S4 was unveiled back in March, 2013 and following the flagship its mini version came out as well known as Galaxy S4 mini. Out of the box Samsung Galaxy S4 mini runs on Android 4.2.2 and Samsung hasn’t announced any firmware updates, nor any date is hinted so far for any kind of update, the device is still running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
While Android 4.3 is already there and now Android 4.4 KitKat has also come out, many of the Galaxy S4 mini owners might be looking for a way to get hands on an updated Android version on their device. The developers over xda-developers forum have always done the awesome work for the users, and they’ve successfully made an Android 4.3 firmware based on Cyanogenmode 10.2 custom ROM. We’ll be having a look on the method to update the 3G variant of the Galaxy S4 mini GT-I9190 to Android 4.3 CM 10.2 custom ROM.
While installing custom firmwares /rooting your phone, please keep it in mind that the Root Process or the custom roms aren’t official and have nothing to deal with Google Inc and the device manufacturer, which is Samsung in our case. Follow the guide carefully to prevent any damages to the device as the method is completely custom. Make sure that you’re doing it at your own risk.
Here are some pre-requisites you must have before you begin:
- Make sure that you’ve rooted your device and installed cwm recovery. Here’s our guide to root and install cwm on your Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190. Only use this recovery, otherwise you may result in bricking your device.
- Make sure that you’ve battery charged over 60%, this is highly recommended in order to prevent any mishap during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to backup all your important data. Also backup the list of applications that you want to install later.
- Backup your ROM using the Backup option in the CWM recovery. This is recommended in case you want to return to your old ROM after flashing the custom ROM.
- All set? Let’s move forward.
How to Install Android 4.3 using CM 10.2 custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190:
- Download the CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 Custom ROM and place it on your phone’s sd card.
- Download gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip and place on your phone’s sd card.
- After having placed both files on your phone’s sd card, boot into the recovery mode, to do so, press and hold Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously unless you see the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode select ”install zip from sd card > choose zip” and select the downloaded CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM file that you placed on your sd card and select ”yes”.
- It will take a while to install the CM 10.2 custom ROM, after that once again select ‘‘install zip from sd card > choose zip’‘ and select the gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip file this time and select ”yes”, it will flash the gapps on your device.
- Reboot your device now and enjoy the newly installed Android 4.3 CM 10.2 custom rom on your Galaxy S4 Mini.
- In case your device is strucked up in the boot loop, boot into the recovery mode and wipe data/cache, and try rebooting it.
That’s All! In case you got any queries, feel free to write us in the comment box below. We will try our best to help you out. Thanks All!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How To Download Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 20, 2017
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017