Samsung’s latest flagship Galaxy S4 has already topped all the charts because of the hefty features it has to offer. The developer community has always been pretty active with Sammy’s devices as the Galaxy S series is much popular with both the users and developers, and Samsung’s less restrictions allow the developers to develop the best stuff for the devices.
Although Galaxy S4 has a might list of features, but ever wondered that you can still add much charm to the functionality of your phone, enhance the performance of your phone and do a lot of other things that are not possible on the stock firmware that Samsung installed in the device, well, if you’re looking for such firmware, that has a number mods, features and is bug free and smooth then you have spotted the right place.
Recently I installed Omega V16 ROM on my Snapdragon Galaxy S4 and found it really awesome. The Omega ROM has a number of features that will make you love your device even more after installing it. What’s more good is, Samsung recently implemented Knox through the Android 4.3 update in its main stream devices, but Omega ROM is knox free and does not trip your Knox counter at all, so you can still claim warranty simply after flashing a stock ROM. The mods include Call recording, Battery icon, Modded youtube (Can download videos from Youtube as well), long press menu button to kill all the apps, Camera shutter sound off, No sms to mms conversion and the list goes on…
Well getting back to the topic, as I told you guys that i found this ROM quite impressive, I couldn’t stop myself from appreciating the developer’s work and share this ROM with you along with the installation guide. This ROM is fully working, is bug free as well, so you may keep it for every day use until the next version of this ROM is out. Follow this guide to letter in order to prevent any mishap during the flashing process.
Here is what you need to do before flashing this ROM:
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT I9505 (Snapdragon). Do not try this on any other device.
- Your phone must be rooted and have CWM or TWRP recovery installed. Follow the guide here to Root your phone. Although it is mentioned that the method is for Android 4.3, but should work on device having lower Android version as well.
- Backup your current ROM using the Backup Option in the recovery. This is highly recommended so that if something goes wrong or the Custom ROM doesn’t satisfy you or you face issues after installing it, you can immediately go back to the previous system.
- After you’ve rooted your phone, install Titanium Backup and backup all your important apps/system data.
- Also make sure that you backup EFS.
- Backup all your important Media Content, Contacts, Call logs and Messages. This is highly recommended in case you wipe your phone completely after the flashing process to achieve the best results from the ROM.
- Make sure that your phone is charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any mishap during the flashing process.
Installing Android 4.3 Omega v16 ROM on Galaxy S4 I9505:
First of all you need to deal with your phone’s Modem. Please do not skip the modem installation process as the Modem problem may cause the no service issue on your phone. If you already have a latest modem i.e XXUE then skip the modem installation process.
Check your phone’s baseband version, if it is XXUB you need to flash this Modem first GSM_Modem_XXUEMJ5_and_LTE_Modem_XXUBMH1.tar
If your baseband version is XXUD you need to flash this Modem first GSM_Modem_XXUEMJ5_and_LTE_Modem_XXUEMJ5.tar
How to Flash the Modem Properly:
- Open Odin
- Put your phone in download mode, to do so turn it off completely wait for a few seconds and then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume down + Home Button + Power Key then Volume Up to continue.
- Connect your phone to your PC using the original data cable, as soon as the PC detects your phone the ID:COM box in Odin should turn blue.
- Select the “Phone” tab now, and select the Model file that you downloaded above according to your phone’s current baseband version.
- Hit start, and the installation should complete quickly.
- Check the baseband version now under Settings>More>About Device, it should be changed to the new one that you flashed.
- Alright now, head towards the ROM flashing process.
Installing the ROM:
- Place the downloaded file on your phone’s sd cared, either internal or external.
- Boot into CWM or TWRP recovery that you’ve installed on your phone. To do so, turn off your device completely, then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should now see the custom recovery interface.
For CWM Recovery:
Now in recovery Select “Install Zip From Sdcard>Choose Zip from Internal or External SD Card>Select the downloaded ROM’s .zip file>Select Yes”
For TWRP Recovery:
Boot into recovery and select “Install Zip>Select the file from the location where you placed it>proceed the installation”.
- Complete the ROM installation process and reboot. You’ve successfully installed the Omega v16 Android 4.3 ROM on your phone. Enjoy!
- Although it is not required to wipe data-cache-dalvik cache after flashing this ROM, but you may wipe it in order to attain the best results from this ROM. Make sure that you’ve backed up everything before wiping.
That’s all, We hope that you will love this ROM, and the developer surely deserves a donation. Checkout the official thread. In case you face any issues or have any queries, feel free to stop by the comment box below. We will try our best to help you out. Thanks
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Root and Install TWRP on Android 7.0 Nougat Galaxy S7/S7 Edge [Verified Method] - January 23, 2017
- How to fix Google Chrome performance issues on Mac OS X/MacOS Sierra - January 22, 2017
- How To Download Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 20, 2017