Its been long since I’ve been waiting for the Omega ROM based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean to come out. Finally after the stable update roll out by Samsung for the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT I9500, the developer has managed to bring up the lovely Omega ROM for the Exynos Galaxy S4. The ROM was available for GT I9505 earlier, but came out for Exynos one just today.
The reason I’ve been appreciating this ROM is, this ROM is one of the very best custom ROMs available around. Is highly modded, stable and fast. The installation of the ROM is also user customizable. Since it is based on official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, its a good choice to go with having stock ROM on the core with a lot of mods that add charm to the functionality of your device. You must be familiar with this ROM if you’re one of the Android freaks who always love to play with custom ROMs. Well, let’s get back to the topic, since I told you guys that I’ve been waiting for this ROM so that I can install it on my phone, I also wanted to write the method in simple and easy words right here for you. You just got to follow this guide to the letter.
Based on firmware XXUEMJ9 Android 4.3
Mods, as stated by the developer:
Battery % mod
4-way reboot menu
Email with Exchange Security Disabled
Phone with no increasing ringtone
Hide sms from call logs
TorchLight on Lockscreen when long press volume up key while LCD is idle
TorchLight on Lockscreen on-off option at Settings>My Device>Display with on-off option at settings
Modded YouTube by rolle (can download videos) – available at Omega Files
Note II POPUP Browser – available at Omega Files
TW Launcher with scrolling wallpaper
Disable scrolling cache
Exit button to stock browser
Join more unlimited contacts in the contacts
Enable sub Symbols on Stock Samsung keyboard
Camera shutter sound on-off
Task manager shortcut app
Phone with no increasing ringtone
sms – mms original messaging time stamp
Increased sms hour limit to 1000
Unlimited contacts can be added to sms – mms
No sms to mms conversion
sms – mms backup and restore enabled
Here are some pre requisites and pre cautions, that you need to have before installing this ROM:
- This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 . Do not try this on any other device. Check your device’s model in Settings>General>About Device.
- You must have rooted your phone and have installed TWRP or CWM recovery. Follow our full guide here to do so.
- Make sure that you backup your current ROM using the Backup option in the custom recovery.
- Make sure that you make EFS backup of your device as well.
- If you’ve rooted your phone, use titanium backup and backup all your applications with data and system data. This is useful in case you wipe your phone and want to restore each and everything exactly as it was before wiping.
- Make sure that you’ve backed up all your important media content, contacts, call logs and text messages. This is highly recommended in case you need to wipe your phone during the installation process or something goes wrong.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any mishap during the flashing process.
- Alright! Once again, I insist that follow this guide to the letter in order to prevent any mishap.
How to Install Android 4.3 Omega ROM on Galaxy S4 I9500:
- Download Omega ROM v15 for Galaxy S4 I9500 : Deposit Files | Torrent
- Place the downloaded ROM.zip file to your phone’s sd card.
- Boot into custom recovery. To do so, turn off your device completely. Now press and hold Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key, you should see the custom recovery interface, depends on whether you’ve installed TWRP or CWM. We recommend CWM recovery.
- Please do not wipe cache or dalvik cache during the installation process from the recovery, the ROM installer will do this automatically.
- Now in CWM recovery select “Install Zip>Choose Zip from Sd/Ext Sdcard>Select the ROM.zip file”.
- Select “Yes” and let the installation proceed.
- In case you are using CWM recovery, disable recovery flash and fix root in case you’re asked. Otherwise selecting yes will break the root and cause various issues.
- It will start the installer now. You can select the options from the installer, The installer will also give you an option to wipe data.
- Although it is not needed to wipe data, but if your device has issues, we recommend you to wipe data using the installer.
- Let the installation process get completed, it may take a while.
- As soon as the installation is completed reboot your device.
- Phewww! You’ve successfully installed Omega ROM v15 on your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500. Enjoy the mods now
That’s all. We hope that you will surely love this ROM, please consider a donation to the developer for his hardwork. In case you got any queries or face any issues, feel free to stop by the comment box below. We will try our best to help you out.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017
- Download Yu Gi Oh Duel Links for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017