Omega ROM is one of the very popular ad very best custom ROMs among the Android freaks. The developer has started supporting the Galaxy Note 3 SM N9005, and the very first Omega Custom ROM based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is now available to install. If we go on the features of this custom ROM, it might take a long time to go through as the list is pretty hefty. If you’re looking for a stable/clean and faster ROM for your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM N9005, then this one is surely for you.
In the following post, I’ve explained the method to install the Omega ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM N9005 in simple and easy words, you just need to follow this guide to the letter. The very thing I love about this ROM is, the installation is fully user customizable, so the user can select whatever he wants during the installation process and proceed accordingly. Before we head towards the post, let’s have a brief look on what this ROM offer
Based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUDMJ7 Firmware.
Mods, as stated by the developer:
Battery % mod
4-way reboot menu
Menu long press to kill app
Phone with no increasing ringtone
No sms to mms conversion
Unlimited contacts to sms – mms
sms/mms Group Messaging
sms/mms Backup – Restore
Disabled scrolling cache
Email with Exchange Security Disabled
Hide sms from call logs
TW Launcher with scrolling wallpaper
Join more unlimited contacts in the contacts
Enable sub Symbols on Stock Samsung keyboard
All supported languages enabled
All supported languages for Samsung Keyboard enabled
Camera shutter sound on-off
Task manager shortcut app by indie
Here are some pre requisites and pre cautions, that you need to have before installing this ROM:
- This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005. Do not try this on any other device. Check your device’s model in Settings>General>About Device.
- You must have rooted your phone and have installed TWRP or CWM recovery. Follow our full guide here to do so.
- Make sure that you backup your current ROM using the Backup option in the custom recovery. You may find the method in our Galaxy Note 3 Ultimate Guide.
- Make sure that you make EFS backup of your device as well.
- If you’ve rooted your phone, use titanium backup and backup all your applications with data and system data. This is useful in case you wipe your phone and want to restore each and everything exactly as it was before wiping.
- Make sure that you’ve backed up all your important media content, contacts, call logs and text messages. This is highly recommended in case you need to wipe your phone during the installation process or something goes wrong.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any mishap during the flashing process.
- Alright! Once again, I insist that follow this guide to the letter in order to prevent any mishap.
How to Install Android 4.3 Omega ROM on Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM N9005:
- Download Omega ROM v4.0 for Galaxy Note 3 SM N9005: Deposit Files | Torrent
- Place the downloaded ROM.zip file to your phone’s sd card.
- Boot into custom recovery. To do so, turn off your device completely. Now press and hold Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key, you should see the custom recovery interface, depends on whether you’ve installed TWRP or CWM. We recommend CWM recovery.
- Please do not wipe cache or dalvik cache during the installation process from the recovery, the ROM installer will do this automatically.
- Now in CWM recovery select “Install Zip>Choose Zip from Sd/Ext Sdcard>Select the ROM.zip file”.
- Select “Yes” and let the installation proceed.
- It will start the installer now. You can select the options from the installer, The installer will also give you an option to wipe data.
- Although it is not needed to wipe data, but if your device has issues, we recommend you to wipe data using the installer.
- Let the installation process get completed, it may take a while.
- As soon as the installation is completed reboot your device.
- Phewww! You’ve successfully installed Omega ROM v4.0 on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM N9005. Enjoy the mods now 🙂
That’s all. We hope that you will surely love this ROM, please consider a donation to the developer for his lovely hardwork. In case you got any queries or face any issues, feel free to stop by the comment box below. We will try our best to help you out.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Google GApps for Android 5.1.x Lollipop [All ROMs] - March 24, 2017
- How to fix Super Mario Run Error 804-5100 - March 24, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S7/S7 Edge issues after Nougat update - March 24, 2017