Nexus 7 can now be updated to Android 4.3 OdysseyHybrid Jelly Bean Custom ROM. For all those who don’t prefer Custom ROMs over official ones, let me tell them something, Custom ROMs are always faster and more reliable than official or stock ones. In official firmware, company have to apply settings according to the demand of people. But custom roms can be used according to your own condition, furthermore, since custom roms are much open source than original, tweeks in custom roms allow you to use your device till it’s limit.
In this article, we will tell you how to install Android OdysseyHybrid Jelly Bean Custom ROM on Nexus 7. But before we begin make sure to Backup all your data placed on your phone’s internal storage, contacts, call logs and messages. This is necessary as wiping the factory data after flashing a Custom firmware is a good choice in order to make it new and remove all the junk.
- Your Device must be rooted.
- CWM recovery must be installed on your device.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This tutorial is only for Nexus 7.
- Download the ROM file but don’t extract it.
- Connect Nexus 7 to PC.
- Copy and Paste the downloaded file to the root of your sd card.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn off your tablet.
- Now go to Bootloader mode, Press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons till you see some text on-screen.
- Choose Recovery from Bootloader.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then finally select ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the downloaded file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Wait for the process to over, then select “reboot system now’.
Voila! your Nexus 7 has been updated to Android 4.3 OdysseyHybrid Jelly Bean, Wait for at least 5-minutes for the first run.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016