Samsung has just started rolling out the Android 4.3 update for the International Galaxy S III. A good news for the users who have been waiting for the update eagerly. Samsung rolled out an update earlier to some regions, but unfortunately pulled it back due to the bugs in firmware. Users have been waiting for Android 4.2.2 update, but Samsung remained unfair with the update and wanted to surprise the users with the 4.3 update directly, that didn’t surprise em’ at all. Anyways, the update is available now for the Indian region (INS) and is expected to be much stable and faster, in the following post we’ll be having a look on the method to install this firmware manually on your Galaxy S III GT-I9300.
The new update packs up some new features like Galaxy Gear support, new Settings app layout, the launcher is same as the old one but there are some core UI changes. It is more stable, faster and comes with lots of bug fixes and last but not the least it is Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Before we head towards the flashing guide, here are some pre-requisites and pre-cautions to be followed:
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300. Do not try this on any other phone, check your phone’s model number in Settings > About Device.
- Download the firmware file carefully for your device.
- Make sure that your device’s battery is charged over at least 60%. Highly recommended in order to prevent any mishap during the recovery installation process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Use only OEM data cable to establish connection between your phone and PC. Turn off your Anti Virus and Firewall to prevent any connection issues. Also enable USB debugging mode on your phone if you face connection issues.
- If you already have rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to back up all your important apps + system data. Also if you are using a custom recovery, it is recommended that you backup your current system using that first. [Just for the sake of safety.]
- We highly recommend you to wipe your phone’s data, cache and dalvik cache, a clean install always expected to give the best results.
- The update will wipe root access and cwm/twrp recovery if you have rooted and installed it.
- Alright! Go ahead and flash the newest firmware, follow this guide to the letter.
Also check out: Latest TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
Let’s move forward to the 2nd Page for Flashing guide:
Pages: Page 1 > Page 2
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How To Download Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 20, 2017
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017