Samsung has officially rolled out Android 4.3 update for the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Indeed, this is a good news for those who’ve been waiting anxiously for the update as Samsung took a very long time to bring it up. The Android 4.2.2 update has been skipped and the device can be directly updated to Android 4.3 now.
The device has Galaxy Gear support now, this update is more stable, and the performance has been improved. A lot of bugs has been fixed. The core UI has been changed to that of the Galaxy S4 and Note 3 as well, settings app has been divided into tabs but the device still runs on its old launcher. As off now, Samsung hasn’t implemented Knox in Android 4.3 for Galaxy S3 yet but we are hoping that Samsung will implement it in the future updates.
In order to update your device to Android 4.3, you may check the OTA updates under Settings > About Device > Software Update, or simply check for updates by connecting your device to your PC on Samsung KIES.
While the OTA updates take some time to reach different regions, some of the users can’t wait and they want to taste the new firmware as soon as possible. As Android 4.3 is a major update, we are expecting a huge number of users looking for the update, if you are one of those who can’t wait, then here is our full guide on how you can update your device to this latest firmware.
Here are some pre requisites you must have:
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged over at least 60%.
- Make sure that you use original data cable for establishing connection between your computer and the phone.
- Backup all your important data on internal storage, also backup your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is important as you will have to wipe your factory data after flashing this firmware. It is not necessary but it is highly recommended to achieve the best performance results.
- Make sure that your device is GT-I9300. Check the model number in Settings>About Device.
- All Set? Go Ahead.
Things you need to download:
- Download Odin3 PC and extract it. – Get it Here
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers – Get Here
- Download and extract Android 4.3 Jelly Bean I9300XXUGMJ9 Firmware – Get it Here
- Model: GT-I9300
- Country: United Kingdom
- Version: Android 4.3
- Changelist: 1902166
- Build date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013.
- Region: BTU – United Kingdom
How to Update Galaxy S3 to Android 4.3:
- Open Odin.
- Put your phone in download mode, to do so power off your phone, and then turn it by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power key simultaneously, keep the keys pressed until your phone shows you a warning, press Volume Up to continue.
- Connect your phone to your PC. The ID:COM box in Odin should turn blue as soon as your phone is detected by the PC
- Hit the PDA tab and give it the .tar.md5* file from the extracted firmware folder.
- Make sure that the rest of the options selected in Odin are exactly as shown below.
- After selecting all the files and setting up Odin, hit Start, the flashing process should take a while to install the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware on your Galaxy S III.
- As soon as the process is finished, your device will restart automatically and you’ve the latest firmware installed on your device.
- In case you face any issues like bootloop or lag, boot into recovery mode (press and hold Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key) and wipe factory data / cache partition. This will wipe your device completely including media content as well.Reboot your device now and your device should be working fine.
That’s all. In case of any queries, or difficulties, feel free to leave us a comment. We will try our best to help you out.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android - April 22, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S8 Not registered on network - April 22, 2017
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself - April 22, 2017