Galaxy S4 Mini, following the footsteps of Samsung’s recent flagship Galaxy S4, came out to continue Samsung’s mini line up that Samsung started after the Galaxy S3. The mini version resembles the flagship, but differs in size as the name suggests and has slightly lower specifications. In case you don’t know about the Galaxy S4 Mini, let’s have a recap.
The phone sports a 4.3 inch Super AMOLED display with 256 ppi. Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 400 Dual Core processor is chipped inside the phone clocked at 1.7 GHz, a RAM of 1.5 GB is there while the internel storage is 8 GB and the phone also supports microSD card upto 64 GB. At the back, the phone has an 8 MP camera while a 1.9 MP camera on the front. Under the hood it has a 1900 mAh battery.
Out of the box, Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini runs on Android 4.2.2, the phone hasn’t received the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update yet neither there is any news the update’s roll out, but the developers over CyanogenMod have always done the good work when it comes to the unofficial Android upgrades. A custom rom based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean CyanogenMod 10.2 is available for the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE. If you’re an Android enthusiast and always want to taste the higher version of Android before it officially comes out, you may go with the CyanogenMod 10.2 custom ROM for the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE.
Let’s get back to the topic. In the following post we’ll be having a look on a method to install the CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom ROM Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE, Follow this guide to the letter.
Before we head towards the ROM installation process, here is what you need to have:
This guide is only for Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195. Check your phone’s model in Settings>More>About Device. Do not try this on any other device.
- Make sure that your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE is rooted, and has the CWM recovery installed. Follow this guide to root and install CWM.
- Using CWM recovery, backup your current system/ROM.
- Make sure that you also backup all your important media content, contacts, call logs and messages. This is highly recommended as after flashing new ROM the phone may be wiped, or you might have to wipe it for the ROM to work properly.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged over at least 60%. This is highly recommend in order to prevent any mishap during the flashing process.
- Before flashing this ROM, boot into CWM recovery and wipe all your data – cache and dalvik cache. This is highly recommended in order to achieve the best results from the custom ROM.
- Alright. You’re good to go with it now, once again I insist, follow this guide to the letter.
How to Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom ROM on Galaxy S4 Mini:
- Download the CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM.
- Download the Gapps 20130813 from HERE.
- Place the downloaded ROM’s .zip and gapps.zip file on your phone’s sd card.
- Boot into CWM recovery. To do so, turn off your device, turn it on now by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, you should now see the CWM recovery interface.
- Select “Install Zip>Choose zip from sd card”.
- Select the .zip ROM file that you placed on your phone’s sd card.
- Select “Yes” in order to start the process, it should take a very short time to flash the ROM.
- Once again in the recovery mode, select “Install zip>choose zip from sd card>select gapps.zip file” and select “yes” to complete the flashing process.
- As soon as the flashing process ends, reboot your device and you should now see the CyanogenMod logo on the boot screen.
- It might take upto 10 minutes to boot into the home menu, hold your nerves while it turns on.
- Congrats! You’ve successfully installed Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE using CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom ROM.
In case your device is stucked on the CyanogenMod logo, boot into the recovery mode and wipe cache and dalvik cache, reboot and your device should boot into the home screen successfully now. It may take a few minutes to turn on completely.
That’s all, we hope that his guide helps you. In case you got any queries or face any difficulties, feel free to stop by the comment box below. We will try our best to help you out. Thanks!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Google GApps for Android 5.1.x Lollipop [All ROMs] - March 24, 2017
- How to fix Super Mario Run Error 804-5100 - March 24, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S7/S7 Edge issues after Nougat update - March 24, 2017