OmniMetal ROM is based on Omni ROM Resources, and is now available for Galaxy Nexus. The Latest version of OmniMetal is based on Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat, basically only UI and Looks are from Android 4.4.2. However, the developer made some Tweaks to make this ROM runs smoother and give better performance. Simply put, this ROM is stable and Fast. This is a Custom ROM not an official Firmware from Google, it will require your device to be rooted and Custom Recovery must be installed on your device. Stock and Official ROMs are good, but they are created with keeping in mind the demands of all,some wants performance and some wants speed, some wants looks, some wants features. Putting them all in one ROM can cause Lag, Performance issues and bugs. But Custom ROM in basically designed for either Looks or Performance and Custom ROM gives speed and great performance with Tweaks and System Tools.
In this Article, we will show you How To Install Android 4.2.2 OmniMetal Kit-Kat Custom ROM on Galaxy Nexus.But before we begin make sure to Backup all your data placed on your phone’s internal storage, contacts, call logs and messages. This is necessary as if something go wrong during the process, so you will be able to restore it afterwards.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device Must Be Rooted
- Enable USB debugging mode. HOW? Go to Settings > Developer Options and Check USB Debugging mode.
- If you can’t see the developers options, Go to settings > About > Tap build number until your device announces you the Developer.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For Galaxy Nexus I9250.
How To Install Android 4.2.2 OmniMetal Kit-Kat Custom ROM on Galaxy Nexus.
- Download Android 4.4.2 OmniMetal ROM and Google Apps files but don’t extract any of them.
- Connect Galaxy Nexus to PC. Make sure to use original USB cable.
- Copy and Paste the downloaded files to the root of your sd card.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn off your tablet.
- Now go to Bootloader/Fastboot mode, Press and hold Power + Volume Up + Down Buttons till you see some text on-screen.
- From Bootloader, choose Recovery.
- From Recovery, First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then finally select ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the Android 4.4.2 file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Wait for the process to over, then select ‘reboot system now’.
Note: Repeat Step 10 and 11, but select Gapps instead of Android 4.4.2, to install Google Apps.
Voila! your Samsung Galaxy Nexus has been updated to Android 4.4.2 OmniMetal Kit-Kat Custom Firmware , Wait for at least 5-minutes for the first run. Then go to Settings > About to verify.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016