After AOSP and AOKP now it is time that we should see the AICP, the Android Ice Cold Project and since the rom is WIP, there are alot of chances that this ROM will Contain bugs and other issues. So far the developer has mentioned that the device is facing random reboots and Bluetooth doesn’t seem to work, however, he also mentioned that the Gapps he has installed are the reason why this device is rebooting itself randomly. Installing different Gapps might solve this problem. Furthermore, it is based on Android 5.0.2 since the source code is available.
The AICP was available for LG G3 too, but it is seen on any Nexus device for the first time. The bluetooth doesn’t seem to be much of a problem, but if the random reboots are not solved, this might make this ROM a bit less important as compared to other ROMs. Let us see in further updates how will this be removed. In this article, we will show you How to Install ACIP Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Custom ROM on Nexus 9. If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Nexus 9 by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Google but a Custom ROM. Installation procedure uses the Fastboot commands to install this custom ROM. Your device must be rooted. Let’s go through the ROM features and early preparations and then flash this ROM.
- This is only for Nexus 9!
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Unlock Bootloader Of Your Device: Link
- Flash a Custom Recovery and Root Your device
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – (RECOMMENDED) If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Google in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
ACIP Android 5.0.2 Lollipop: Link
How to Install ACIP ROM:
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Open Recovery mode. How?
- Connect your device with PC
- Open Command Prompt in Fastboot folder. (ADB and Fastboot Tools Installer)
- Now Type: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose Recovery from Bootloader
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery:
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Dalvik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Finally Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the ACIP Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Go back and Flash the Gapps and Super SU respectively.
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the ACIP Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.zip, Gapps.zip, Super SU and Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
The First boot might take up-to 5 minutes, so please be patient.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016