Instagram is one of the most popular apps with over 200 million users. The basic idea of the app is expressing life’s precious moments through photographs. Truly said, a picture is worth a thousand words. A picture explains things when words fail to express. Instagram is a platform where people from all over the world share their pictures and videos with their social circle. The app is user friendly. It is a platform that many photographers use, to share their skills with the world. People also get an opportunity to follow and get updates from their favorite celebrities and much more.
To get started with this app, you can download the app from your app store for free, register by your email address. You can also sign up through Facebook.
- The homepage looks like this.
- The navigation menu is on the bottom.
- The first icon take you to your homepage. This the news feed where you can see updates from the people you follow.
- The second icon is used to Explore or find users on Instagram. You can connect with your Facebook friends who are users of Instagram.
- The third icon is used to upload new photos or videos.
- You can click the moment right away or make a video of the event and upload it.
- You also have the option to upload existing photos and videos from your phone’s gallery. Both Primary and secondary cameras can be used.
- The fourth icon leads you to your notifications, like who is your new follower, who liked your pictures or commented on your photos/ mentioned you in their comments.
- It also notifies you of your friends latest activities on Instagram.
- The last icon will navigate you to your own profile where you can see your own uploads, you can edit your profile and see your photo map and photos you are tagged in by your friends.
Instagram has many interesting features like:
- You can edit your photos and make them look prettier before uploading them.
- More than 20 different types of photo effects can be used to give your photos more interesting and dramatic look. Moreover, you can add frames to your photos, alter the brightness and blur or straighten them.
- Photo Map is another interesting feature where you can add photo along with their locations and create your photo map for your activities around the globe.
- When you upload a picture of a friend you can tag them. You can send (or “DIRECT”) these photos to your friends. Only the people you send to will be able to see these photos.
- The app requires iOS 6.0 or later and can be used on your iPhone, IPad and iPod. The app is available in the App store for free.
Latest posts by Abdullah Akbar (see all)
- Top 5 Travel Apps for Android - July 2, 2016
- Top 20 Free Jailbreak Tweaks for iOS 9 - October 15, 2015
- A New Jailbreak Tweak Will Be Able to Enable 3D Touch on Older Versions - October 15, 2015