Verizon’s Galaxy Note 3 is currently running on Android 4.4.4 KitKat, that makes it one of the most lucky Samsung devices as well as it stands in that list of a few running this latest and greatest firmware. Although the stock firmware and the features it occupies are good enough to satisfy an everyday user, but if you still are willing to go out of the wear and taste something else on your Verizon Galaxy Note 3, you may flash some nice custom ROM on your device and unleash its true power. The ROM that will serve you this purpose is JasimineROM.
JasmineROM is based on stock Android 4.4.4 VRUNC4 KitKat firmware for the Verizon Galaxy Note 3. It’s stock based custom ROM, that means having stock firmware on the core, this ROM packs up a number of features that will let your device fly high and you can enjoy so many features from Android L and Samsung Galaxy S5 that you won’t be able to do normally. A part from that, this ROM is stable, there aren’t so many chances of bugs, performance of the OS is great and it’s pretty much neat. Thanks to XDA senior member hsbadr who brought us up this nice ROM. Let’s go through the features of this ROM now.
Wondering how you can install this ROM on your Verizon Note 3? Well, that’s what we are going to do in the succeeding guide. We will be flashing JasmineROM v2.3.4 on our beloved Verizon Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V. Make sure that you just follow these instructions carefully and get it done without any hiccups here and there.
This is only for Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V!
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
Flash a Custom Recovery
A custom recovery is required for flashing this ROM. You may flash Safestrap recovery using this guide.
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Backup EFS
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – You can do this using Safestrap recovery.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Update Verizon Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V With Jasmine ROM
- Make sure that you’ve installed a custom recovery. There’s Safestrap linked above.
- Download JasmineROM_v2.3.2.zip file.
- Download JasmineROM_v2.3.4.zip file.
- Copy both the .zip files to your phone’s SD card.
- Boot into Safestrap recovery mode on your phone now. To do so, open the Safestrap application on your phone and reboot your device. As soon as it reboots and you see a splash on your phones screen, press the menu key to boot into Safestrap.
- Once in recovery, perform and factory data reset and also wipe cache.
- Now select “Install Zip > Choose Zip from SDcard > locate the JasmineROM_v2.3.2.zip file > Yes” and flash it.
- Once the ROM flashing is complete, once again select “Install Zip > Choose Zip from SDcard > locate the JasmineROM_v2.3.4.zip file > Yes” and flash it this time.
- Once flashed both the , wipe cache and dalvik cache from the Safestrap recovery.
- As soon as your device boots up, you will see the JasmineROM Android 4.4.4 KitKat ROM.
- First boot may take up to 10 minutes, hold on tight till it boots up completely.
- That’s all. Enjoy Modified KitKat on your device now.
Here are some screenshots uploaded by the developer
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android - April 22, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S8 Not registered on network - April 22, 2017
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself - April 22, 2017