Android 4.4.3 is getting all over the world with the OTA update and most of the Nexus devices along with Google Play Edition flagship devices are receiving it. So far it has been rolling out for Nexus 7 2013(Wi-Fi), Nexus 5 and Google Play Editions of Galaxy S4, HTC One M7 and HTC One M8. Eventually, other Nexus devices along with all the Google Play Edition devices will receive the Update of Android 4.4.3, in the meantime, all those who wants to get their hands on Android 4.4.3 can download and install the update Manually.
But here are the things you need to consider before proceeding further:
- Your Device must be completely Stock.
- Bootloader Must be Unlocked.
- Double Check the Android Build your are running.
- Android SDK must be installed.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
The method involved in flashing ROMs, rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Nexus in our case. In any case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Nexus 7 2013 (Wifi) — Android 4.4.2 (KOT49H) to 4.4.3 (KTU84L)
- Nexus 5 — Android 4.4.2 (KOT49H) to 4.4.3 (KTU84M)
- Download and Copy the update.zip file to Android SDK/Platform Tools and rename it to update.zip, if the file name is different.
- Switch Off your device.
- Now go to Bootloader/Fastboot mode, Press and hold Power + Volume Down Buttons till you see some text on-screen –
- Once the Menu is loaded, connect your device with PC.
- From Bootloader, choose Recovery.
- When you see the Red Exclamation mark, Quickly Hold the Power button then Volume Up button, once you are in recovery mode, proceed below.
- Navigate to Apple Update from ADB and select it.
- Open Command Prompt in Android SDK/Platform Tools folder and Type the Following:
Windows: adb.exe sideload update.zip
Mac: adb-mac sideload update.zip
Linux: adb sideload update.zip
- Once the process is done and update is installed. Highlight Reboot System now and Enjoy the Android 4.4.3