Xperia Z1 C6943 owners can now update their device to latest official Android 4.4.2 KitKat as Sony has begin rolling out this firmware recently based on the build number 14.3.A.0.681. Latest firmware has some performance enhancements that have made the device even more responsive. Sony’s main focus, camera has also improved in this update and there is a new WiFi data transfer option, there are some other changes as well that you may experience upon installing this update on your device.
To get this update you may connect your device to your PC and check for it using Sony PC Companion or check out using OTA option in your device. In case you end up finding no update and you got worried, you may need to get rid of it now as you’re on the right spot at the moment. In the following post we’ll be going through a very detailed method that will help you to get latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat 14.3.A.0.681 firmware on your Xperia Z1 C6943. All you need to do is, to keep a little patience and follow the steps carefully.
- As mentioned, this firmware is only for Xperia Z1 C6943. Do not try this on any other phone, that may result in bricking your device. Check your device’s model number in Settings > About device.
- You must have installed Sony Flashtool. Find the full guide here.
- After installing Sony Flashtool, open the Flashtool folder from the drive where you installed it.
- Now open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe and install the Flashtool, Fastboot & Xperia Z1 drivers from the list. [Important]
- Your phone must be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. To do so, tap settings>developer options>USB debugging. If you can’t find developer options in settings, then tap settings > about device and tap “Build Number” for 7 times and you’ll get em’ activated under settings.
- Make sure that you back up all your important media content, contacts, call logs and text messages. This is highly recommended and important in case something goes wrong during the flashing process or in case you select the data wipe option before flashing. You can easily restore whenever you need.
- To flash this firmware, you do not need to root your device, you do not need to unlock the bootloader. All you need is, your device must be the one mentioned and must be running on Android 4.2.2 or 4.3 Jelly Bean.
- Download the firmware file properly.
- Use the OEM data cable to connect your phone to your PC. Using any other data cable might cause connection problems.
- This firmware can be flashed on Xperia Z1 in any region/any country.
- Alright! Follow this guide to the letter in order to prevent any mishap.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat 14.3.A.0.681 on Xperia Z1 C6943:
- Before moving forward, please make sure that you’ve read the pre requisites and ensure that you are set to go ahead.
- Download the latest firmware Android 4.4.2 KitKat 14.3.A.0.681 FTF file. [Generic]
- Extract the downloaded rar file and you will get the ftf.
- Copy the file and paste in Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe now.
- Hit the small lightening button on the top left corner and select Flashmode.
- Select the FTF firmware file that you placed in the Firmware folder.
- From the right side, select what do you want to wipe. Data, cache and apps log, all wipes are recommended, however you may select if you don’t want.
- Click on OK, and it will start preparing the firmware for flashing. This may take a little while to load.
- As soon as the firmware is loaded, it will prompt you to attach the phone by turning it off and keeping the back key press.
- For Xperia Z1, Volume Down key will do the job of back key, just turn off your phone, keep the Volume Down key pressed and plug in the data cable.
- As soon as the phone is detected in Flashmode, the firmware will start flashing, Do not leave the Volume Down key until the process is complete.
- As soon as you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” leave the Volume Down key, plug the cable out and reboot.
- That’s All! Congrats! You’ve installed latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat on your Xperia Z1 C6943. Enjoy
- Install CWM 6 Recovery On Sony Xperia Z1 Running Latest 14.3.A.0.681 Firmware [How to – Guide]
- Root Xperia Z1 Running Latest 14.3.A.0.681 Firmware [How To – Guide]
In case you got any queries or face any problems regarding this guide, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and let us know. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks all!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android - April 22, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S8 Not registered on network - April 22, 2017
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself - April 22, 2017