With such huge amount of Custom ROMs available for a specific device, I can easily understand that users gets confused while trying one of them, as most of the times, the developer doesn’t provide much info about the ROM and in case of Screenshots, they are even less. The only option users are left with is to try the ROM for themselves and explore the features, however, if they pay frequent visits to XDA forum, they might know, how to choose the best ROM for their device, but who got time for that, Forums are not an easy way to explore what you want, despite that they are filled with everything you want.
Custom ROMs available for Sony Xperia Z Ultra are way too much, in terms of amount, however, not all of them are good and best according to your use, however, a single ROM can have all the features you need, and if you can’t find it on the forums, we are here to provide you the information you need. In this Article, we will show you How To Update Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPe to Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat OmniROM. Now this ROMs has some requirements of its own, beside the typical ones, you will see in the Installation Step below, let’s proceed.
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is Xperia Z Ultra GPe
- Do not try it on any other device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Sony Devices: Link
- Bootloader Must Be Unlocked: How To Unlock Bootloader of Sony Devices
- Root Your Device: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs and rooting your phone is highly custom which may result in bricking of your device,and it has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Sony in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat OmniROM: Link
How To Install this ROM:
- Enter Recovery mode. Reboot your device and Press the Volume Up button while Booting.
- Perform Nandroid Back-up of your ROM, Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore, on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Choose Wipe Cache Partition first.
- Choose ‘advance’ and select ‘Devlik wipe cache’, so you won’t stuck in any Boot loop.
- The finally choose ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- Now select ‘Install zip from sd card’, then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the OmniROM.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- After the installation, Again select ‘install zip from sd card’ and ‘choose zip from sd card’ and select Gapps.zipfile and confirm installation on next screen.
- After that, +++++Go back. and Reboot System now. Wait for 5-minutes for the first run.
Voila that’s it you Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPe is now upgraded to Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat, to check Goto settings> About > Software Version.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016