Recently, Sony updated the single sim variants of Xperia M to a new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware based on the build number 15.4.A.1.9. While the users were thinking when the new stability update will arrive for the dual SIM variant, it just followed the former and the update is here based on the build number 15.5.A.1.5. The new update fixes some minor bugs, enhances the stability and performance of the device and battery life has got better now.
As always, these updates are region dependent and may take some time to hit your region. Just in case you can’t wait to get your hands on the latest firmware, or you just need to flash the stock firmware on your device, we have the complete method to update it manually right here. In the following post, we are going to update Sony Xperia M Dual C2004/C2005 to latest stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware based on 15.5.A.1.5 build number. The firmware is completely official, and there are no risks involved in flashing this through Sony Flashtool. All you need is, you need to follow this guide carefully.
- As mentioned, this firmware is only for Xperia M Dual C2004/C2005. Do not try this on any other phone, that may result in bricking your device. Check your device’s model number in Settings > About device.
- You must have installed Sony Flashtool. Find the full guide here.
- After installing Sony Flashtool, open the Flashtool folder from the drive where you installed it.
- Now open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe and install the Flashtool, Fastboot & Xperia M drivers from the list. [Important]
- Your phone must be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. To do so, tap settings>developer options>USB debugging. If you can’t find developer options in settings, then tap settings > about device and tap “Build Number” for 7 times and you’ll get em’ activated under settings.
- Make sure that you back up all your important media content, contacts, call logs and text messages. This is highly recommended and important in case something goes wrong during the flashing process or in case you select the data wipe option before flashing. You can easily restore whenever you need.
- To flash this firmware, you do not need to root your device, you do not need to unlock the bootloader. All you need is, your device must be the one mentioned and must be running on Android 4.2.2 or 4.3 Jelly Bean.
- Download the firmware file properly.
- Use the OEM data cable to connect your phone to your PC. Using any other data cable might cause connection problems.
- This firmware can be flashed on Xperia M in any region/any country.
- Alright! Follow this guide to the letter in order to prevent any mishap.
How to Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 15.5.A.1.5 on Xperia M Dual C2004/2005:
- Before moving forward, please make sure that you’ve read the pre requisites and ensure that you are set to go ahead.
- Download the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 15.5.A.1.5 FTF file.
- Extract the downloaded rar file and you will get the ftf.
- Copy the file and paste in Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe now.
- Hit the small lightening button on the top left corner and select Flashmode.
- Select the FTF firmware file that you placed in the Firmware folder.
- From the right side, select what do you want to wipe. Data, cache and apps log, all wipes are recommended, however you may select if you don’t want.
- Click on OK, and it will start preparing the firmware for flashing. This may take a little while to load.
- As soon as the firmware is loaded, it will prompt you to attach the phone by turning it off and keeping the back key press.
- For Xperia M, Volume Down key will do the job of back key, just turn off your phone, keep the Volume Down key pressed and plug in the data cable.
- As soon as the phone is detected in Flashmode, the firmware will start flashing, Do not leave the Volume Down key until the process is complete.
- As soon as you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” leave the Volume Down key, plug the cable out and reboot.
- That’s All! Congrats! You’ve installed latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Xperia M C2004/C2005. Enjoy
In case you got any queries or face any problems regarding this guide, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and let us know. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks all!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Google GApps for Android 5.1.x Lollipop [All ROMs] - March 24, 2017
- How to fix Super Mario Run Error 804-5100 - March 24, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S7/S7 Edge issues after Nougat update - March 24, 2017