Factory Image of Android 4.4 Kit-Kat can now be installed on Nexus 4. If you can’t able to update your Nexus 4 to Android 4.4 via OTA, the option left is either Custom ROMs to install or install the Factory Image manually, Android 4.4 Kit-Kat image for Nexus 4 to install Manually has been released by the developers and you can install it by following our Tutorial below. You might need to Unlock the bootloader first.
In this Article,we will show you How To Update Nexus 4 to Factory Image Android 4.4 Kit-Kat KRT16O. But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For Nexus 4.
- It doesn’t matter which ROM or Android version you are running on Nexus 10, this tutorial will work anyways.
How To Update Nexus 4 to Factory Image Android 4.4 Kit-Kat KRT16O.
- First Of all make sure that ADB and Fastboot is Configured On PC. HOW? Follow How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide]
- Then Download Android 4.4 Factory Image and Extract it to the Fastboot folder, make sure that all the files are now in fastboot folder.
- Connect Nexus 10 to PC Using Original USB Cable.
- Now go to Bootloader mode, Press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons till you see some text on-screen.
- From the Factory Image files in fastboot directory, do the following depending on your OS.
- On Windows: Run the file “flash-all.bat”.
- On Mac: Run the file “flash-all.sh” using Terminal.
- On Linux: Run the file “flash-all.sh”.
- That is all you have do to to install Factory Image on Nexus 10, just wait and watch the Process to complete- follow the On-Screen instructions to unlock the Bootloader if asked.
- Voila! your Nexus 4 has been updated to Android 4.4 Kit-Kat KRT160 and your device will remain rooted.Wait for at least 5-minutes for the first run.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016